The only love I feel in my heart is haunted by what would happen should I let go. When I was nine-years old, the most I could gift a person was some macaroni art. In order to have a relationship at all, Anakin and Padmé had to keep their love a secret. This secret leads to a lot of angst, particularly on Anakin’s part. Parent tags (more general): ... Padme and Anakin have the strongest relationship; Post High School; Summary. Did he seriously just carve that for her on the spot? Then again, he never guessed that Luke was with his own relatives. He is one of the saving graces of the prequels.). Anakin has one of the worst pick-up lines in the history of pick-up lines, and the most ridiculous thing about it is that it works. She literally used the words "Please don't look at me like that." In Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, after Anakin returns from a battle in a mission to rescue Palpatine from General Grievous, Padmé informs him that she is pregnant, he becomes happy that they are both going to be parents, however, when Anakin informs her that he had a vision of both her and the baby (apparently) dying in childbirth, she brushed it off, telling him not to worry and his vision of his may not come true, … The two had some blissful moments, beautiful memories the two reminisce before their untimely deaths. If that happened in the real world, we’d call it obsessive, to say the least. Sure her husband had just tried to Force-Choke her, but couldn't she at least try to live for her kids? Unbeknownst to Anakin and Padmé, when Padmé was pregnant, she was carrying twins. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. A baby doesn't exactly scream a platonic relationship. One of the major red flags to the relationship between Anakin and Padmé is the fact that they don’t age at the same rate. He chooses to hint at his own relationship with the late Satine Kryze, only Anakin tells him he and Padmé are just ‘friends’. All in all, she was a very strong woman. In them, we can see the story of Anakin, who starts off as a kid and ends up murdering an entire town and destroying the Jedi temple. Yoda? Padme sees things a little more clearly, but nowhere near enough to view the possibilities of a relationship in any realistic manner. Everything leading up to Anakin Force-Choking Padmé felt forced (pun intended). Padme has also spent a life of service, first as queen and then as senator. I don't understand how Anakin could not tell that she had two babies within her. And then Anakin had to get so angry at her when he found out Obi-Wan hid aboard her ship that he just Force-Choked the woman he turned to the Dark Side for in the first place. I’m rewatching the clone wars tv show and I’m on S2 ep4, and they are toxic towards each other, it’s kinda funny. Forbidden love is all the rage in the franchise, but if Anakin really wanted to, he could have left the Jedi Order to be with Padmé. I have so many questions, none of which will be answered. Even if Padmé did hurt his feelings, he should have more respect for her than that. The characters of Anakin and Padme Star Wars had a rocky relationship from the start, leading to her death and his turn to the dark side. (Though those are doozies.). The most ridiculous thing about it is that their love wasn't real. It seems strange that they can’t tell that something is going on between Padmé and Anakin. The relationships of Palpatine from the Star Wars universe. Or had he been working on it for a while and just decide to give it to her then? The fact that nine-year-old Anakin developed a crush on Padmé Amidala is amazing all by itself. But then once Revenge of the Sith rolled around, her character changed drastically. But I am intensely curious as to what Padmé had to say about her condition to her co-workers. They agreed with each other that Chancellor Palpatine had to be removed from power, and they always strove to keep up diplomatic channels with warring entities. Anakin told Padmé the real location of where he would be as he ended the Separatist leadership. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Finally, the most toxic couple of all Star Wars couples, Padme and Anakin. Padmé ends up being buried with it as well. If Anakin looses Padme, it is the worst possible outcome (not just for Anakin and Padme, as it turns out, but for the entire galaxy). Once she's gone, is a different story. So if Attack of the Clones is 10 years later that would put Anakin at 20 years old and his birthday would've had to be days before they were assigned to protect Padme from the assassination attempts. Way to be a whiner when you're almost literally at paradise. However, all wasn't so steady the whole time as the two both made some questionable decisions. That was a nifty fight. In other words, her broken heart over Anakin does her in. Anakin claims that the trouble in his head comes from not being with Padmé, but nothing changes once he has her. You want to know what is super ridiculous about Anakin and Padmé's "secret" relationship? I mean, as far as I'm aware, they were trying to keep their romance hushed. In the Senate rotunda after Anakin rescues Chancellor Palpatine, the two hug and kiss, even though there is a group of politicians nearby who could easily catch them. Wouldn't Anakin's friendship with Palpatine make her uncomfortable? Palpatine dropped hints to Anakin that he could potentially find a way to save a person from perishing. Friends of mine get confused when they find out how much I love re-watching the Star Wars prequels. Because of this, there’s a maternal edge to their relationship that never quite goes away. Her father, Ruwee Naberrie, was a friend of Senator Onaconda Farr, who represented the solar system of Rodia in the Senate of the Galactic Republic. When Anakin professes his love to Padmé, he mentions that the kiss they shared in Star Wars Episode II – Attack of the Clones has been tormenting him. Anakin ends up believing every word that Palpatine said. It’s a surprise to Anakin when Padmé reveals she’s pregnant, but this isn’t the only thing he should have been able to sense via the force. From the moment that baby Luke is born, alongside his twin sister Leia, to a dying Padmé, without the knowledge of Anakin — himself in the midst of getting his life-sustaining Darth Vader armor — at the end of Revenge Of The Sith (celebrating its 15th anniversary this month) it seems there’s no contact between them at all until Vader senses that “the force is strong” with one particular pilot during the Death Star … Padmé had just given birth to twins. But the young Sith never forgot his first love and used all his darkside powers to make her his.Ch77 rposted & readabl . Anakin was dragged along into the fight because he had nowhere else to go. While this, in and of itself, can be a positive thing, it can also lead to some contentious debates. I expect things in a futuristic universe like Star Wars to be more advanced than how things are in our world. I understand that Anakin wanted to save Padmé from an arduous passing during childbirth, but there were so many flaws in choosing Palpatine to help him. She confronts Anakin about it after that and then tries to convince him to leave the war and everything behind him so that they can run away together. If I had been Padmé after Anakin told her he slew all of the Sand People, including the women and children, I would have run for the hills. They know I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and they know the prequels are a bit of an abomination. He doesn’t see her again for the next ten years, but somehow, he grows more in love with her. 1 Family 1.1 Palpatine's "son" 1.2 Rey 2 Allies and Subordinates 2.1 Darth Plagueis 2.2 Maul 2.3 Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus 2.4 Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader 2.5 General Grievous 2.6 Wilhuff Tarkin 2.7 Thrawn 2.8 Gallius Rax 3 Enemies 3.1 Mace Windu 3.2 Yoda 3.3 Obi-Wan Kenobi 3.4 Padmé Amidala 3.5 Bail Organa 3.6 Ahsoka Tano 3.7 … A human female of the Naberrie family, the woman best remembered as Amidala was born Padmé Naberrie on the bountiful planet of Naboo in 46 BBY. Right after he says it, she lays one on him. Padme and Obi Wan’s Affair: Reason the First. Even if the couple doesn’t want people knowing about the pregnancy, they could have organized a personal medi-droid. Anakin describes sand by saying, “It’s coarse, it’s rough, it’s irritating … and it gets everywhere!” There’s nothing remotely charming about this, and yet, Padmé still seems to be impressed. Couples can disagree on things, but they should share the same values and morals if they’re going to work together in the long run. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers, Pokemon: Every Mainline Game, Ranked By Difficulty, Star Wars: 25 Ridiculous Things About Anakin And Padmé’s Relationship, Genshin Impact: 10 Things You Need to Know About Ganyu, Hitman 3: The 10 Biggest Fixes The Game Needs, Crusader Kings 3: 10 Of The Hardest Starting Characters, 11 Best Mario Games On The Game Boy Advance, Ranked, Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Best 15 Poke Balls, Ranked, Skyrim: 10 Things Most Players Might Have Missed In Solitude, Immortals Fenyx Rising: The 10 Coolest Locations, Ranked, Every Major Reveal From The Resident Evil Village Showcase, 10 RPGs That Have Surprisingly Villainous Protagonists (And The Worst Things They Did), Skyrim: 10 Best Cities In The Game, Ranked By Size, 15 Games With Dating Sim Mechanics Like Persona, 10 Hilarious Minecraft Memes That Are Too Funny, Madden NFL: 10 Fixes That Could Improve The Franchise, 10 Pokemon That No One Ever Uses On Their Team, Even Though They're Strong, Pokemon: 10 Characters From The Anime We'd Love To See In The Games Some Day. Padmé was willing to forgive Anakin's disposal of younglings. During the invasion of the planet Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala and her Jedi protectors escaped her besieged world and sought refuge on the desert planet of Tatooine. I don’t think he … They were a tragically dysfunctional couple. I used to be a nine-year old way back when, and I don't remember ever having a crush as intensely as Anakin's for Padmé. He never shares his feelings, even though she’s always begging him to open up. And could none of them guess about her having a relationship with a Jedi who hugged her in public and slept over at her apartment? The last time he had dreamed about someone leaving this mortal coil, it had come true. Yeah, I don’t think Obi-Wan buys into that for a second. So he probably still would have turned. Senator Bail Organa was one of Padmé's close associates in the Senate. It’s imperative for Padmé and Anakin to keep their relationship a secret, but still, they’re not afraid of some PDA every now and then. This was the first moment that showed the darkness lurking within Anakin's heart. 8 Gave Him No Choice In Life Being a Jedi was a strict, ascetic lifestyle to say the least. Anakin first met Padmé on Tatooine, she was so beautiful he asked her if she was an angel (they were five years apart in age). Was he aware of the clandestine nature of the marriage he was sanctifying? Shmi’s death was the catalyst for Anakin’s difficulty to love. One of the most disappointing elements to Padmé’s character is that she goes from a powerful female boss-type character to a simple damsel in distress. Anakin begins to suspect that Padmé is having some sort of a secret relationship with his old mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Padmé and he are on this gorgeous section of the planet Naboo, complete with a sandy beach, and he tells her how much he hates sand and how rough it is. It’s hard to vouch for these two as a couple when Anakin can’t even pass relationship 101 and respect his partner. When you think about it, the Jedi Council should have discovered Anakin and Padmé’s relationship sooner than they did. No. This should be a strong red flag that they don’t belong together. However, later when he found out that she was the Queen of Naboo, he became embarrassed but at the same time disappointed that she had lied to him about who she really was. And when Anakin said, "Like what?" Shakespeare probably didn't write Hamlet … So powerful. Subversive in the best way possible. Razzle Dazzle Arlington Jacksonville Fl, Hpv Dna Test Cost Philippines, Importance Of Posting Learning Objectives, Jack You Up Lyrics, 2017 Carver C52 For Sale, Job Evaluation Is Carried On By Mcq, Side Effects Of Isabgol, Scrabble Turntable Uk, " />

anakin and padme relationship

(For example, she should not have gone to Mustafar with a potential crowd of Separatists there.). Anakin definitely was a one-of-a-kind child. Like other areas of their relationship, there’s no logic here. This is especially confusing because she’s supposed to be an intelligent and deeply good character who should pick up on warning signs like that. The love that grew between Anakin and Padmé led to the birth of Luke and Leia Skywalker, something Anakin was unaware of until much later in his life. Way back in episode II, poor ol’ Obi-Wan kinda got himself captured by Dooku and the Separatists. Later, alr… She no longer seemed as independent and strong as she used to be. You can follow me on Twitter @AmHurych. Laughs are few and far between these days, my fellow gamers, so I take them where I can get them. The Council is able to sense a lot, including Anakin’s fear when he’s evaluated for the first time. Tragedies in general don't tend to feature happy and healthy couples and the PT to me was a modern, space fantasy take on tragedy. I was focused on hanging out with my friends and playing outside. Think about it. Last Edit: May 6, 2017 14:40:31 GMT by Subtext Mining. It’s not uncommon for people to let their partners get away with certain things, but Padmé and Anakin take this too far. I know that symbolically, the prequels were trying to say that Padmé perished from a broken heart. It was a small necklace he gave to her so that she wouldn't forget him. One gets the impression her personal life is fairly close to non-existent. Anakin didn't seem capable of having a healthy relationship with anybody by the time of AOTC, and he was also either incapable of or unwilling to realize that his relationships were unhealthy. The situation gets even more tense when Padmé gets pregnant, and they have to hide the baby bump from everyone. There were a bunch of politicians nearby, but that didn't stop the two of … Take the lightsaber battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. This wouldn’t be okay in the real world, and it’s not okay here. There were a bunch of politicians nearby, but that didn't stop the two of them from sharing one big smackeroo and a twirly hug. Clearly, Anakin isn’t good for her. Anakin believes that the galaxy should be run by a dictatorship, while Padmé obviously disagrees. When the two visit Naboo and Padmé discusses where to hide with the current Queen, Padmé throws a tantrum and challenges her authority. Over the course of her apprenticeship to Anakin, Ahsoka Tano got hints about his relationship with Padme at various times. She is a senator, and he presides over the Senate. Every other horrible thing that Anakin did was predated by his wildly disproportionate handling of the Tusken Raiders. Was she ever the type of person who would approve of you going to the Dark Side? We don't know what happened between the Battle of Theed and the beginning of the Clone Wars, but it's curious to note that their friendship continued onward after Padmé and Anakin's relationship started. A small wedding makes sense since they were both trying to keep their relationship a secret. Read on if you want to experience (or re-experience) Padmé and Anakin's ridiculous romance with me once again. It's ridiculous how often Padmé has changed her mind about her relationship with Anakin. He even saves Palpatine's life at the expense of Mace Windu. Unfortunately, Padmé and Anakin have quite different morals. He seems to blame her for allowing it to happen, even though he’s the one that leans in. You’d think that since Padmé and Anakin aren’t allowed to be together, they’d be extra careful about avoiding the possibility of getting pregnant. It puzzles them as to why I would willingly subject myself to the prequels' catastrophic story-telling more than once. Anakin and Padmé spent ten years apart between the events of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Their only two witnesses were the droids Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio. Clip taken from Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. Obviously it would be difficult to hide that large of a clue, so I can't blame them for throwing up their hands in the air and just letting it show. To start going out would mean that they would have to keep that part of their lives secret, and Padmé specifically stated that she was unwilling to live like that. Are we missing something here? While he was great with his hands, Anakin was an idiot, and his perception of his relationship with Padme was a perfect example. Despite the three prequels not being as acclaimed by the fans as the original trilogy, they contain the key to understanding Anakin Skywalker’s psychology. And yet, when Anakin sees her again, his ardor has never been stronger. After all, Obi-Wan himself is no stranger to falling in love, but he still chose duty over love in the end. And that may be true, because while Obi-Wan probably does know Anakin and Padme are in love with each other, he may not suspect they've taken their relationship as far as they already have. If it had not been about Padme, it … Part of Padmé's plan to retake her planet from the Trade Federation occupation involved storming the palace at Theed and removing the Federation's Viceroy from power. But I suppose she eventually forgot her discomfort in the face of Anakin's smooth pick-up lines later on. In order to have themselves an official wedding, Padmé and Anakin needed a person to officiate their wedding. It's like he jumps immediately into the deep end of the adoration pool. I don't know how they kept it hidden for so long given how inappropriately they behaved. Particularly as a queen, she should be given the best healthcare available. If Anakin had had a clearer understanding of who his wife worked with, maybe he would have been able to sense more quickly where his children were at. And the one thing that changed between the third movie and the second was that she married Anakin Skywalker. When Anakin left Tatooine for the first time, he gifted Padmé a small japor snippet. Palpatine did not know the secret to keeping people alive at the time Anakin helped him out. When Padmé confronts him about it, he spends a moment trying to convince her of how the whole endeavor will be a good idea. None of Anakin's fellow Jedi ever caught on to what was happening. That's all very romantic, but what kind of smooth operator was nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker? Refusing would probably mean he'd have to either walk away from the order completely, or Padme would have to fudge paperwork and pull strings to hide Luke and Leia's midicholrian count. But I'm guessing instead of doing the sane thing, Padmé stayed by Anakin's side and comforted him. I'm guessing Anakin never bothered to try probing the life blossoming in front of him. Are you telling me that none of them ever sensed the romance between Anakin and Padmé? In Revenge of the Sith, after Anakin's daring rescue of Chancellor Palpatine aboard General Grievous' ship, he met Padmé outside the Senate rotunda. He’s surprised when she tells him and is rendered speechless with shock. The World's Most Entertaining Car Website, 10 Female Celebs Who Married Younger Men (& Their Age Gap), Star Wars: 20 Uncomfortable Things Fans Ignore About Anakin & Padmé's Relationship, 10 Actors Reveal Their Favorite Roles They've Ever Played, 10 Times 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Made Us All Cry, 10 Things We Need To See In Amazon's 'Lord Of The Rings' Series, Elizabeth Olsen's Biggest Roles (Outside Of The MCU), Waiting On HBO's 'Euphoria' Season 2? We’re not sure what the preventative measures are in this universe, but they need to be updated! I love to read, write, and play video games...and that's about all there is to me. Anyone realise how toxic Anakin and Padme’s relationship is. I don't blame her. Keep reading to find out these 20 uncomfortable things that many fans choose to ignore about the relationship between Padmé and Anakin. A major obstacle for Anakin and Padmé’s relationship is that it’s literally forbidden, and has to be kept a secret, since the Jedi prohibit attachments of the sort. When Anakin was first assigned as Padmé's bodyguard, she was not shy about her feelings about it. The fact that he kept that crush alive for ten years after that without ever seeing her at all is jaw-droppingly astounding. Among the reasons why Padmé and Anakin don’t make a great couple are the fact that they possess such different values from one another and the fact that Anakin doesn’t seem to have a basic level of respect for Padmé’s authority. Seriously though!? Padmé should have known. In the first two movies, she holds her own in the Senate, and on the front lines. I guess she ended up changing her mind about living a lie and all that jazz. I like to use this to stimulate a discussion on democracy and dictatorship with my students. Did they not pry? The most ridiculous thing about Padmé and Anakin's relationship isn't that he Force-Choked her at the end of it or that they did a horrible job of keeping it secret. That's right. Anakin and Padme were together, it was obvious...so why did Obi-Wan Kenobi ignore their relationship? The Cast Of 'Arrested Development': Where Are They Now? Subtlety is definitely not Anakin's strong suit. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Anakin makes the switch from Light to Dark Side ostensibly in order to gain new powers that will help him save Padmé's life. and then continued to give her this creepy stare, she stated that he was making her feel very uncomfortable. Plus, given how attuned Anakin must be to Padmé and her person, you would think Anakin would be able to sense every nuance about what was going on in her womb. The cringe factor between these two is alive and well every time they're on screen. Ugh. Attack of the Clones makes it pretty clear that Anakin has developed a close friendship with Chancellor Palpatine. She writes content for The Travel, The Things, The Talko, The Richest, and Screen Rant. In fact, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sithrevolve almost exclusively around the development of this character. I never look down upon corny dialogue. It doesn’t seem like love to us! Saying that a person just "lost the will to live" is ridiculous. Would Padme and Anakin let the Jedi take the kids, or would Anakin refuse? And there is nothing more ridiculous in all the Star Wars prequels than the relationship between Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala. When we first met Padmé Amidala in The Phantom Menace, she was a young queen struggling to protect her planet from an invasion. (He is clearly so trustworthy.) Watch These Shows Instead, 10 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Stars Who Are True Gaming Nerds, Lea Michele: The Highs And Lows Of Her Personal Life & Career In 2020, John Travolta & 9 Other Celebs With The Most Unique Homes, 10 Celebrities Reveal Their Favorite Movie, 10 Celebrity Couples With Massive Age Gaps, BTS Facts From Camila Mendes's Biggest Roles (Including 'Riverdale'), 10 Musicians Who Surprisingly Never Won A Grammy, Everything Taylor Swift's Exes Have Said About Her. They clearly aren't professional secret-keepers. Yoda can clearly sense the amount of pain Anakin carries with him, and probably realizes that the loss of Padme, could be the event to push Anakin over the edge. All Anakin had to do to erase their relationship problems was leave his "job." She should have taken every extra caution to not put herself in any danger. Anakin's fear of losing Padmé plays a part in driving him to the dark ... to protect Padmé. Meanwhile, Anakin and Padme’ were the off galavanting around on Tatooine murdering sand people puppies and drinking blue milk, when they get the distress call. Padmé was aware of this, and yet when Anakin told her about the dream he had had, she did not show any concern for her own safety. Des… And as forbidden as it was destined. “She’s lost the will to live” is ultimately given as the reason for Padmé’s death. It was there that they met a young slave named Anakin Skywalker, who helped them gain the parts they needed to leave Tatooine. It doesn’t help when Padmé tells Anakin that he will always be a little boy in her eyes. Palpatine sends Padmé into hiding on Naboo, where she and Anakin struggle to maintain a platonic relationship despite their obvious mutual attraction. Secondly, I adore the ridiculousness of the prequels. She has always done right by the Jedi and the Republic, and yet he just spouted off about how he was going to create a glorious new Empire. As Anakin displays increasingly alarming behavior, Padmé looks the other way. The only truly great thing about their relationship is the music that accompanies it. Though Anakin loves Padmé, he is constantly closed off from her and refuses to let her into his mind. He might be the chosen one, but if he did decide to give it all up to be with Padmé, things would have been a lot better for a lot of people in the long run. Yes, quite a bit out of today’s palates. Padme and Anakin have the strongest relationship. But in Revenge of the Sith, Padmé is suddenly helpless and loses the will to live. Quote. He should also be able to sense the fact that she’s not pregnant with one baby, but two. In Revenge of the Sith, after Anakin's daring rescue of Chancellor Palpatine aboard General Grievous' ship, he met Padmé outside the Senate rotunda. He did end up saving the day, but should Padmé have been okay with allowing a nine-year old to participate in a battle? Padmé confesses her love for Anakin just before the two of them are carted into the Petranki arena, saying it has been there since the beginning. Here's what fans missed. It’s like Anakin said “duty calls, especially in wartime” or something like that, early on in the episode, and then padme throws it back in his face when she agrees to spy on Clovis. The Force has been used to sense life forms in the past, so it doesn’t make much sense that he can’t use it now. Part of keeping a relationship secret is hiding any clue that the two people in the relationship are together. As Padmé leaves for school Anakin doesn't cry... at least in front of her. In Attack of the Clones, she was a senator fighting for peace. Padmé decided to go find him even though she was pregnant and the situation involved Separatists being involved. Anakin can't see beyond the immediate "omigod I'm in love". If Anakin's prophecies have a tendency to occur, then maybe Padmé should have been more worried. This tag belongs to the Additional Tags Category. When Obi-Wan finds out what Anakin has done, the first thing he does is go tell Padmé about it. I don't know how they kept it hidden for so long given how inappropriately they behaved. Right off the bat, Anakin had a crush on the young Queen of Naboo. That’s all very romantic, but before that, when the two are preparing to leave Coruscant for Naboo, Padmé tells him to stop looking at her with love eyes because it makes her uncomfortable. Anakin and Padmé's relationship might have been unconventional, but it was definitely interesting. Series . Posts: 121. Vanessa is one of Valnet's contributing writers. Their relationship was so toxic that when Anakin turned evil, it killed Padme. Why didn't he tell the others? In the same amount of time, Padmé barely looks any different. But very admirable on Lucas' part and wondrously orchestrated. This quote is from the Mortis arc in The Clone Wars: > The only love I feel in my heart is haunted by what would happen should I let go. When I was nine-years old, the most I could gift a person was some macaroni art. In order to have a relationship at all, Anakin and Padmé had to keep their love a secret. This secret leads to a lot of angst, particularly on Anakin’s part. Parent tags (more general): ... Padme and Anakin have the strongest relationship; Post High School; Summary. Did he seriously just carve that for her on the spot? Then again, he never guessed that Luke was with his own relatives. He is one of the saving graces of the prequels.). Anakin has one of the worst pick-up lines in the history of pick-up lines, and the most ridiculous thing about it is that it works. She literally used the words "Please don't look at me like that." In Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, after Anakin returns from a battle in a mission to rescue Palpatine from General Grievous, Padmé informs him that she is pregnant, he becomes happy that they are both going to be parents, however, when Anakin informs her that he had a vision of both her and the baby (apparently) dying in childbirth, she brushed it off, telling him not to worry and his vision of his may not come true, … The two had some blissful moments, beautiful memories the two reminisce before their untimely deaths. If that happened in the real world, we’d call it obsessive, to say the least. Sure her husband had just tried to Force-Choke her, but couldn't she at least try to live for her kids? Unbeknownst to Anakin and Padmé, when Padmé was pregnant, she was carrying twins. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. A baby doesn't exactly scream a platonic relationship. One of the major red flags to the relationship between Anakin and Padmé is the fact that they don’t age at the same rate. He chooses to hint at his own relationship with the late Satine Kryze, only Anakin tells him he and Padmé are just ‘friends’. All in all, she was a very strong woman. In them, we can see the story of Anakin, who starts off as a kid and ends up murdering an entire town and destroying the Jedi temple. Yoda? Padme sees things a little more clearly, but nowhere near enough to view the possibilities of a relationship in any realistic manner. Everything leading up to Anakin Force-Choking Padmé felt forced (pun intended). Padme has also spent a life of service, first as queen and then as senator. I don't understand how Anakin could not tell that she had two babies within her. And then Anakin had to get so angry at her when he found out Obi-Wan hid aboard her ship that he just Force-Choked the woman he turned to the Dark Side for in the first place. I’m rewatching the clone wars tv show and I’m on S2 ep4, and they are toxic towards each other, it’s kinda funny. Forbidden love is all the rage in the franchise, but if Anakin really wanted to, he could have left the Jedi Order to be with Padmé. I have so many questions, none of which will be answered. Even if Padmé did hurt his feelings, he should have more respect for her than that. The characters of Anakin and Padme Star Wars had a rocky relationship from the start, leading to her death and his turn to the dark side. (Though those are doozies.). The most ridiculous thing about it is that their love wasn't real. It seems strange that they can’t tell that something is going on between Padmé and Anakin. The relationships of Palpatine from the Star Wars universe. Or had he been working on it for a while and just decide to give it to her then? The fact that nine-year-old Anakin developed a crush on Padmé Amidala is amazing all by itself. But then once Revenge of the Sith rolled around, her character changed drastically. But I am intensely curious as to what Padmé had to say about her condition to her co-workers. They agreed with each other that Chancellor Palpatine had to be removed from power, and they always strove to keep up diplomatic channels with warring entities. Anakin told Padmé the real location of where he would be as he ended the Separatist leadership. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Finally, the most toxic couple of all Star Wars couples, Padme and Anakin. Padmé ends up being buried with it as well. If Anakin looses Padme, it is the worst possible outcome (not just for Anakin and Padme, as it turns out, but for the entire galaxy). Once she's gone, is a different story. So if Attack of the Clones is 10 years later that would put Anakin at 20 years old and his birthday would've had to be days before they were assigned to protect Padme from the assassination attempts. Way to be a whiner when you're almost literally at paradise. However, all wasn't so steady the whole time as the two both made some questionable decisions. That was a nifty fight. In other words, her broken heart over Anakin does her in. Anakin claims that the trouble in his head comes from not being with Padmé, but nothing changes once he has her. You want to know what is super ridiculous about Anakin and Padmé's "secret" relationship? I mean, as far as I'm aware, they were trying to keep their romance hushed. In the Senate rotunda after Anakin rescues Chancellor Palpatine, the two hug and kiss, even though there is a group of politicians nearby who could easily catch them. Wouldn't Anakin's friendship with Palpatine make her uncomfortable? Palpatine dropped hints to Anakin that he could potentially find a way to save a person from perishing. Friends of mine get confused when they find out how much I love re-watching the Star Wars prequels. Because of this, there’s a maternal edge to their relationship that never quite goes away. Her father, Ruwee Naberrie, was a friend of Senator Onaconda Farr, who represented the solar system of Rodia in the Senate of the Galactic Republic. When Anakin professes his love to Padmé, he mentions that the kiss they shared in Star Wars Episode II – Attack of the Clones has been tormenting him. Anakin ends up believing every word that Palpatine said. It’s a surprise to Anakin when Padmé reveals she’s pregnant, but this isn’t the only thing he should have been able to sense via the force. From the moment that baby Luke is born, alongside his twin sister Leia, to a dying Padmé, without the knowledge of Anakin — himself in the midst of getting his life-sustaining Darth Vader armor — at the end of Revenge Of The Sith (celebrating its 15th anniversary this month) it seems there’s no contact between them at all until Vader senses that “the force is strong” with one particular pilot during the Death Star … Padmé had just given birth to twins. But the young Sith never forgot his first love and used all his darkside powers to make her his.Ch77 rposted & readabl . Anakin was dragged along into the fight because he had nowhere else to go. While this, in and of itself, can be a positive thing, it can also lead to some contentious debates. I expect things in a futuristic universe like Star Wars to be more advanced than how things are in our world. I understand that Anakin wanted to save Padmé from an arduous passing during childbirth, but there were so many flaws in choosing Palpatine to help him. She confronts Anakin about it after that and then tries to convince him to leave the war and everything behind him so that they can run away together. If I had been Padmé after Anakin told her he slew all of the Sand People, including the women and children, I would have run for the hills. They know I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and they know the prequels are a bit of an abomination. He doesn’t see her again for the next ten years, but somehow, he grows more in love with her. 1 Family 1.1 Palpatine's "son" 1.2 Rey 2 Allies and Subordinates 2.1 Darth Plagueis 2.2 Maul 2.3 Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus 2.4 Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader 2.5 General Grievous 2.6 Wilhuff Tarkin 2.7 Thrawn 2.8 Gallius Rax 3 Enemies 3.1 Mace Windu 3.2 Yoda 3.3 Obi-Wan Kenobi 3.4 Padmé Amidala 3.5 Bail Organa 3.6 Ahsoka Tano 3.7 … A human female of the Naberrie family, the woman best remembered as Amidala was born Padmé Naberrie on the bountiful planet of Naboo in 46 BBY. Right after he says it, she lays one on him. Padme and Obi Wan’s Affair: Reason the First. Even if the couple doesn’t want people knowing about the pregnancy, they could have organized a personal medi-droid. Anakin describes sand by saying, “It’s coarse, it’s rough, it’s irritating … and it gets everywhere!” There’s nothing remotely charming about this, and yet, Padmé still seems to be impressed. Couples can disagree on things, but they should share the same values and morals if they’re going to work together in the long run. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers, Pokemon: Every Mainline Game, Ranked By Difficulty, Star Wars: 25 Ridiculous Things About Anakin And Padmé’s Relationship, Genshin Impact: 10 Things You Need to Know About Ganyu, Hitman 3: The 10 Biggest Fixes The Game Needs, Crusader Kings 3: 10 Of The Hardest Starting Characters, 11 Best Mario Games On The Game Boy Advance, Ranked, Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Best 15 Poke Balls, Ranked, Skyrim: 10 Things Most Players Might Have Missed In Solitude, Immortals Fenyx Rising: The 10 Coolest Locations, Ranked, Every Major Reveal From The Resident Evil Village Showcase, 10 RPGs That Have Surprisingly Villainous Protagonists (And The Worst Things They Did), Skyrim: 10 Best Cities In The Game, Ranked By Size, 15 Games With Dating Sim Mechanics Like Persona, 10 Hilarious Minecraft Memes That Are Too Funny, Madden NFL: 10 Fixes That Could Improve The Franchise, 10 Pokemon That No One Ever Uses On Their Team, Even Though They're Strong, Pokemon: 10 Characters From The Anime We'd Love To See In The Games Some Day. Padmé was willing to forgive Anakin's disposal of younglings. During the invasion of the planet Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala and her Jedi protectors escaped her besieged world and sought refuge on the desert planet of Tatooine. I don’t think he … They were a tragically dysfunctional couple. I used to be a nine-year old way back when, and I don't remember ever having a crush as intensely as Anakin's for Padmé. He never shares his feelings, even though she’s always begging him to open up. And could none of them guess about her having a relationship with a Jedi who hugged her in public and slept over at her apartment? The last time he had dreamed about someone leaving this mortal coil, it had come true. Yeah, I don’t think Obi-Wan buys into that for a second. So he probably still would have turned. Senator Bail Organa was one of Padmé's close associates in the Senate. It’s imperative for Padmé and Anakin to keep their relationship a secret, but still, they’re not afraid of some PDA every now and then. This was the first moment that showed the darkness lurking within Anakin's heart. 8 Gave Him No Choice In Life Being a Jedi was a strict, ascetic lifestyle to say the least. Anakin first met Padmé on Tatooine, she was so beautiful he asked her if she was an angel (they were five years apart in age). Was he aware of the clandestine nature of the marriage he was sanctifying? Shmi’s death was the catalyst for Anakin’s difficulty to love. One of the most disappointing elements to Padmé’s character is that she goes from a powerful female boss-type character to a simple damsel in distress. Anakin begins to suspect that Padmé is having some sort of a secret relationship with his old mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Padmé and he are on this gorgeous section of the planet Naboo, complete with a sandy beach, and he tells her how much he hates sand and how rough it is. It’s hard to vouch for these two as a couple when Anakin can’t even pass relationship 101 and respect his partner. When you think about it, the Jedi Council should have discovered Anakin and Padmé’s relationship sooner than they did. No. This should be a strong red flag that they don’t belong together. However, later when he found out that she was the Queen of Naboo, he became embarrassed but at the same time disappointed that she had lied to him about who she really was. And when Anakin said, "Like what?" Shakespeare probably didn't write Hamlet … So powerful. Subversive in the best way possible.

Razzle Dazzle Arlington Jacksonville Fl, Hpv Dna Test Cost Philippines, Importance Of Posting Learning Objectives, Jack You Up Lyrics, 2017 Carver C52 For Sale, Job Evaluation Is Carried On By Mcq, Side Effects Of Isabgol, Scrabble Turntable Uk,

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Ne alii vide vis, populo oportere definitiones ne nec, ad ullum bonorum vel. Ceteros conceptam sit an, quando consulatu voluptatibus mea ei. Ignota adipiscing scriptorem has ex, eam et dicant melius temporibus, cu dicant delicata recteque mei. Usu epicuri volutpat quaerendum ne, ius affert lucilius te.