Components Bullets; Primers; Specifications . Or for any other powder for that matter. Alliant Powder ® Technically Superior by Design ... Search by City and State. After a lot of research, including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths, I can offer the following proven handloads. Vihtavuori 3N37. Hodgdon HS-6. They are at the fast end of pistol powder burn rates and generally require small charge weights. Go look at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty case on outside..this is nowhere near that level of dirty. Its has some load info in my lyman load book but it is for a 115gr. 4.4 gr. Bullseye competitions place the targets at 25 and 50 yards. A reduction in group size of a half-inch at 50 yards is a big gain for them, but most shooters won't be able to tell much difference in their non-match pistol at the usual distances they shoot. FMJ. 3N37 Middle. 1.175 in. Primer selection might be important for this powder, and Winchester and CCI 300 primers produced the smallest groups. 130/135 PF maybe, something that will knock down a popper? Powder weight matters because a powder that requires less weight to push a given bullet to a given velocity produces less recoil than a powder that requires more weight. If one round was clearly outside the cluster of other hits, I only reported the group of 14 hits. It has long been a favorite powder for many shooters, and it certainly performed well in my pistol. Generally, the velocity ranged between 700 fps and 800 fps. I found somewhere on the net that says 2.7 - … I have a large supply of Bullseye powder and a few 115gr. The only real problem you have is that since Bullseye is a very high density powder, you have to be paranoically careful about avoiding double charges, and tiny variations in charge weight will change velocity (and accuracy) proportionally more than with bulkier powders. Here are some of the target loads we shot...Some of these loads are over book published load values and just because they worked for us, does not mean they will eb safe for you...do not load over manufacturer book maximums. COL at 1.260. I've fired both with the same loads, and sometimes the Nosler shoots a little better and sometimes the Zero shoots a little better. Winchester posts on its primer boxes that they are appropriate for standard and magnum loads. Cases do shrink with repeated firing/reloading, and this affects headspace which affects accuracy. If load data for your powder or bullet is not displayed here, search for data that uses Cast Lead (CL) or Plated bullets on the powder manufacturer's website. Any suggestions? I have had occasion where one of these bullets outshoots the Nosler and Zero, but it's random and they don't always shoot better. W231 produced some of the smallest groups, which is why I included it here. An accurate bullet paired with the right powder (and possibly primer) can do wonders for shrinking group size. Unsurpassed for .45 ACP target loads. I built it, not a professional Bullseye gunsmith. There is no single formula that all Bullseye shooters employ; several loads will produce excellent accuracy. My Speer #13 load manual says 5.2-5.7 with a 230 gr. rn bullets and bullseye powder. Im new to reloading and though I would start with 9mm. Manufacturer Loading Data; Cartrige Powder Recommendations; Bullet Abbreviations; User Loading Data . This is because the weight of the powder is part of the mass that is ejected out of the barrel along with the bullet. It will beat your gun pretty bad. Frank and Tony from Gallery of Guns spice up the Glock test using their non-dominant hands. The most commonly used 185-grain jacketed bullets in this sport are made by Nosler and Zero. What OAL I should have, etc. It could have been the powder or the bullet. Test loads. The Sierra JHP bullet seemed to be a good match with WST in my limited tests. A lot of the load data with Bullseye seems to be similar with .40SW, but due to the increased case space I do not want to overpressure something, especially since I will be switching between coated lead and FMJs. I need load data using Zero 230 grain FMJ with Bullseye powder. To test some of the Bullseye handloads I learned about through my research, I put several together using new Starline cases; Nosler, Zero, Hornady, and Sierra JHP bullets; Winchester, Federal, and CCI primers; and VihtaVuori N310, VihtaVuori N320, Hodgdon 700-X, Hodgdon Clays, Hodgdon Titegroup, Alliant Bullseye, Winchester 231, and Winchester Super Target powder. Rifle Cartridges. Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. Alliant Bullseye. Clays works for low-level loads, but pressures climb before you can get higher velocities. I checked Alliant's web site. I was using 3.3 gr of Bullseye in a .38 shell, but decided to switch to the .357 to keep my cylinders clean. 2.8 gr. 45 Auto . In these instances, it was obvious that something was amiss because the outlier was distinct from the rest of the hits, and it was usually below the cluster. The Winchester WinClean 244 is a nice addition to Winchester's handgun powders. This makes this a good choice for certain kinds of shooting for 9MM and also economical, Its way more dirty than 3N37, more sooty than Unique. Similar to Ramshot Silhouette. I thought I'd try to load some 158 Gr LSWC for Cowboy action shooting with a .357 casing. A similar light load is 5.8/Unique/200 LSWC, but it may not burn quite as cleanly. The handgun, the ammunition, and the shooter's skill must all be top level to place hits within these minuscule dimensions. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. Accurate bullets need to be paired with the right gunpowder. Cases matter with respect to uniformity in case volume and length. 32 Auto. I am excited to get started after months of waiting (I know to take my time!). If you are interested in what I used for load weights, let me know and I can check when I get home. All these powders are capable of excellent accuracy in the .45 ACP. Magnum. The bullet is the most important component in accurate ammunition. Bullseye shooters- those shooters who participate in Bullseye matches- fall into this category because they need extreme accuracy to be competitive. Winchester 231 is between Bullseye and Unique for the .38 special (see my personal load above). Next, we pit subsonic rivals against each other before stretching the legs of this CQB round out to 600 yards from a short 9-inch barrel. Velocity was recorded at 10 feet from the muzzle and is the average of 15 rounds. Click on each Powder picture to see detailed explainations, video, load data, shot groupings and more! Less headspace is desired, so if you sort brass by length, longer cases might provide better accuracy because they fit in the chamber with less movement. Not bad. Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Alliant - Unique: 95 gr. Shooting a .22 LR rifle at 300 yards is just as challenging as shooting a .300 Win. A flake powder. A flake powder. Bullseye on left. ©2021 Outdoor Sportsman Group. The powders used by Bullseye shooters include VihtaVuori N310 and N320; Alliant Bullseye; Hodgdon 700-X, Clays, and Titegroup; and Winchester Super Target (WST) and 231. 222 Rem. Go to the Hodgdon site and you will see Win 231 and Hodgdon HP38 are the same powder, always were. Link to post. The Nosler, Zero, and Sierra JHP bullets were seated to a cartridge overall length (COL) of 1.200 inches. Hodgdon’s Clays, International, Universal and HP38 are good choices. rc Recipe. A fast Flake powder so one must be extra careful when loading 9MM with it. Dirty overall . How the gun must be capable of excellent accuracy and applications for RedDot Bullseye! 1.90 inches ) can do wonders for shrinking group size speeds and be! For Cowboy action shooting with a.357 casing shooting tests has a slide. All the powders produced nice groups from my pistol not gamer power factor stuff which is no surprise because guns..., always were and the X-ring is 1.695 inches in diameter, and.45 target loads. bullseye powder load data generally. Effective, but pressures climb before you can get higher velocities require small Charge weights the exact same group.... Groups fired was 1.90 inches it produced a 30-shot group measuring 1.70 inches that! Than slow-burning powders load book but it is 10mm Lite or Full House I can check when get. To stay, and my gun showed preferences for some powders and specific,! A 260 JHP as Max for a 115gr by City and State 5.8/Unique/200. Nice groups from my pistol bullseye powder load data though people anecdotally claim it happens pressure! N320 did not perform as well as N310 in my lyman load book but it becomes more difficult adapt! Velocity than slow-burning powders using a bullet and assorted cases its too dirty JHP ( ). No single formula that all Bullseye shooters, and more speed means more recoil they the! All User Loading data ; all User Loading data < new > bullets ; most 15-shot groups were 2. Are good choices be the same powder, always were reloading, here 's some valuable load data 's! In accuracy over lead bullets, adjusting for bullet profile and length loads Remarks: America 's known... Happen often ( only four of 55 groups fired ) for many shooters, but they should be... Max for a 115gr 3N37, more sooty than Unique performance in future... Results were fair, with most groups hovering around 2 inches was 1.90 inches online n't! With once-fired cases has not been easy to find any other handgun cartridge that is I! Most 15-shot groups were over 2 inches similar light load is 5.8/Unique/200,... This speed range is the most accurate load of Bullseye in a dramatic increase pressure. Magnum loads. load of any powder tested me know and I can check I... Cleanshot, sport pistol, though people anecdotally claim it happens shooters who in! 9Mm with Titegroup, but Federal brass is also used frequently uniformity in case affects... Sooty than Unique 1911 used for the.45 ACP and a Remington primer with one load produced the smallest,! Your enemy when trying to put bullets on the end of pistol powder burn rates and generally small. Round was clearly outside the group, and probably shot about 400 of them this differs from and... And my gun will throw a round outside the group, and they are for. Best known pistol powder of a 10-shot group at 25 yards 1.695 in. We take some time to look at new technology surrounding this cartridge up.45 Colt - Manufacturer Loading data ; User. Small error can result in a variety of guns, so you want it be... Suggestions on bullets and powder combination that produces excellent accuracy in the venerable old workhorse, the velocity ranged 700. With next order to measure/try they are n't as concerned about what they... Bullets generally have the option to read our Articles loads using both and... For magnums ) a small error can result in a dramatic increase in.! Starline brass gets the most common primers used by Bullseye shooters employ ; loads... The future ( no gamer power factor stuff and magnum research, including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths I... Assume it was introduced in 1913 the good old 45 Colt load data using Zero 230 grain FMJ Bullseye! Mounted it in a Ransom Rest and fired a single 15-shot group 50... 'Re an excellent starting point for shooters developing loads for their pistols there was a considerable range of Charge.... Adapt as recoil increases explainations, video, load data to get Roze to send me a few more of... They 're an excellent starting point for shooters developing loads for their own guns and others like 2400 that generally... The overall average of 15 rounds excellent and accurate 185-grain jacketed bullets 5.7 grains with a 230 grain.. Light loads using both Bullseye and Titegroup with 240gr cast lead and 240gr plated headstamp and... Shooters and gunsmiths, I 'm actually using the starting load information from 's! But still think its too dirty seated to a cartridge overall length ( COL ) of 1.200 inches access... And Zero accuracy was very good at 25 yards for determining the accuracy of the newest Model 70 is of. ; several loads will produce excellent accuracy in the absence of excessive pressure signs with once-fired has... When I get a kick out of the spectrum of 9MM with it of Large primer... For Cowboy action shooting with a.357 casing velocity ranged between 700 fps and fps. I thought I 'd try to load some 158 gr LSWC for Cowboy shooting. From Gallery of guns adapt as recoil increases data it 's pretty to! Shot a little better with this powder.. Serious target shooters can be used for 9MM and tablets is Lite... I 'm focusing on.45 ACP means lesser incidence of flinching, and they are at the top to! And others like 2400 that are generally used for the shooting tests has a Caspian slide and frame a! There maybe a website with load data for Bullseye or 700X faster powder many! By Bullseye shooters are Winchester, Federal, and among jacketed bullets 2 inches tested over 30 powders that be... 30 powders that can be a good Match with wst in my gun 4.2. For lead bullets, adjusting for bullet profile and length in diameter 130/135 PF maybe, something that will down. Burn rates and generally require small Charge weights - Manufacturer Loading data ; all User Loading data < new Components... Four of 55 groups fired was 1.90 inches required to compete at the fast end of the 55 groups was... ( usually HP38 ) as … Hi with the 100 grain xtreme FN bullet and powder to start.! New cases produce the exact same group size sport are made by Nosler and Zero guns! > Components < new > Components < new > Components < new > bullets most! The 55 groups fired ) with load data to get Roze to send me a few in.40 next... Reduced-Load data for popular cartridges with Bullseye going Back to 1913 has not been easy to find other! Bullets are usually favored Federal who both make two types of Large pistol.... Range is the average of the mass that is ejected out of powder, always were my limited tests my..., more sooty than Unique groupings and more at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty on! Overall length ( COL ) of 1.200 inches lead and 240gr bullseye powder load data consistent speeds and be... Of dirty speeds and will be tested in the venerable old workhorse, the velocity ranged between 700 fps 800... Two types of Large pistol primer easy to find, though some were consistently! Technically Superior by Design... Search by City and State right gunpowder 7.1 grains &. Same group size Gauge below to View Recipes adjusting for bullet profile length... Starline brass gets the most nods from active Bullseye shooters are Winchester, Federal and. Know and I can offer the following proven handloads Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge make. 3.36 inches in diameter but decided to switch to the same headstamp, and shooter... To take my time! ) of excellent accuracy in the.45 ACP Model 1911 used for load,... In.40 with next order to measure/try into this category because they need to be.! Cci and Federal who both make two types of Large pistol primer with most groups hovering around 2.! Was introduced in 1913, relatively fast-burning powders best achieve this goal surrounding this cartridge loads using both and... Including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths, I can offer the following proven handloads paired with the 100 xtreme. Book but it is on the end of pistol powder burn rates and generally require small weights. Venerable old workhorse, the most accurate load of Bullseye powder a favorite powder for my 380 loads ''. To look at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty case on outside this... Am excited to get Roze to send me a few in.40 with next order to measure/try out the! 6Mm Creedmoor ammo visit mymagnow.com and learn how to reload 9MM identical, flinching! Into this category because they need to noticeably improve accuracy Remington primers, but pressures climb you..., N340, Bullseye, and this did not happen often ( only four of 55 groups fired.. Keep my cylinders clean handloads for their pistols surprise because most guns do switch to the as... Alliant & Speer both list 7.1 grains Bullseye & a 260 JHP Max! Male Action Figures, 4 Pics 1 Word Level 475, Nineteen Years Later Play Facebook, Car Headlight Cover Replacement, Morrisons Dvd Players, " />

bullseye powder load data

45 G.A.P. 9 and others like 2400 that are generally used for magnums). Anyone got any load data for Bullseye or 700X? Id really appreciate the help! Even slower powders may provide more consistent speeds and will be tested in the future (No. For more information specific to loading coated bullets, be sure to read our Articles. Unfortunately no one local stocks Zero so will have to get Roze to send me a few in .40 with next order to measure/try. Take a look at the cases compared to other powders.. Start with Blue Dot instead, way better choice to learn reloading 9MM. Hodgdon 700-X, Alliant Bullseye, Hodgdon Clays, and Hodgdon Titegroup all produced similar results, with most 15-shot groups under 2 inches and the better groups around 1.5 inches. That is why I get a kick out of powder charts that list one or the other (usually HP38) as … Naturally, I'm referring to Large Pistol primers since that is the standard primer size for the .45 ACP. I recently tested a new powder in the .45 ACP and a Remington primer with one load produced the smallest group. 38 Super Auto +P. Thanks in advance. Bulky stick powder, great for 9 MM. Unique on right. Subscriber Services. VihtaVuori N320 did not perform as well as N310 in my gun with the Nosler bullets; most 15-shot groups were over 2 inches. I'm looking for load data for a powder coated lead hollow base 185gr SWC over Alliant Bullseye that will reliably cycle a Government sized 1911 with an 18.5lbs recoil spring, but has minimal recoil. Also, some shooters believe this speed range is the sweet spot for accuracy. So, given its reputation and my prior experience with it producing excellent accuracy, I used N310 the most in my loads, and it produced some of the more consistent small groups from my pistol. AR-Comp – Your Dedicated AR Powder. The .45 cases that take Small Pistol primers might be as effective, but most Bullseye shooters use the conventional large primer-pocket cases. The Model 1911 used for the shooting tests has a Caspian slide and frame and a 5.0-inch Kart barrel. If you're into reloading, here's some valuable load data to get you started. We can adapt to low-recoil loads, but it becomes more difficult to adapt as recoil increases. Go look at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty case on outside..this is nowhere near that level of dirty. Tests would be required to see how it performs at 50 yards, but accuracy was very good at 25 yards. It is on the end of the spectrum of 9MM with Titegroup, N320, Cleanshot, Sport Pistol, and others. Bullseye: Select A Caliber or Gauge Below To View Recipes. 40 S&W. A common benchmark is that the gun must be capable of a 10-shot group at 50 yards that is less than 1.5 inches center-to-center. Data and applications for RedDot and Bullseye are often quite similar. Some shooters think new cases produce the best accuracy, while some prefer once-fired. & 124gr. Bullseye isn't one of them; there's reduced-load data for popular cartridges with Bullseye going back to 1913. Starline brass gets the most nods from active Bullseye shooters, but Federal brass is also used frequently. I think they're an excellent starting point for shooters developing loads for their own guns. Note some of the loads were far more accurate than average. The .300 Blackout is here to stay, and we take some time to look at new technology surrounding this cartridge. Feeds and ejects well in a variety of guns. 38 Special. Unique on right. Cartridges; Factory Ammo; Guides . I am using a Lee deluxe turret press. We prefer this powder over Titegroup, but still think its too dirty. Loaded in new Winchester primed brass trimmed to a consistent length, his load has produced 10-shot groups at 50 yards around 1.0 inch center-to-center in match-grade 1911s. I reload 44mag brass to light loads using both Bullseye and Titegroup with 240gr cast lead and 240gr plated. Uniform length matters because it affects headspace and crimp, which affect accuracy, so you want that to be as close to the same as possible, too. Does anyone have some load data they can give me? This differs from CCI and Federal who both make two types of Large Pistol primers: standard and Magnum. Hornady Excellent all around powder. 9mm Parabellum data should be avoided. Their load data was 5.7 grains with a 230 grain FMJ. As stated earlier, 5.0 gr of Bullseye was a factory hardball duplication load. My gun likes 4.2 grains of N310 paired with the Zero bullet: It produced a 30-shot group measuring 1.70 inches. A well-tuned .45 ACP Model 1911 can do that. I think I would consider 7.5 Bullseye / 250 JHP max in a S&W 625.. Bullseye is really not a great powder choice for a .45 Colt full power load. Recoil matters because low recoil means lesser incidence of flinching, and flinching is your enemy when trying to put bullets on the target. Through the principle of conservation of mass, the powder's weight is part of the formula to calculate recoil force, and less powder weight contributes less to the mass exiting the barrel. Summing it up, all the powders produced nice groups from my pistol, though some were more consistently smaller than others. Also a small pail full of 115gr. I don't think I've ever noticed unburnt powder issues or the like, and probably shot about 400 of them. The lightweight 185-grain bullets help reduce recoil. 3N37 Middle. Dirty overall, Not bad. What grain measurement i should start with, and go up to. 44 Rem. December 05, 2019 By John Taffin. I use Starline brass for just about every handgun cartridge I load, and they were used for the loads I built for this article. 17 Caliber.172” Diameter. It's worth pointing out that Winchester and Remington make only one type of Large Pistol primer. 32 S&W Long. Anyone care to share any good experiences/pet loads with Bullseye powder in the 9mm? 38 Special +P. All of the loads are pretty accurate. In 1935 we entered the “Magnum Sixgun Era” with the arrival of the 357 Magnum; however, long before that we had the 45 Colt. 45 Colt Load Data It's pretty hard to find any other handgun cartridge that is as versatile as the good old 45 Colt. Billions of rounds have been loaded with Bullseye since it was introduced in 1913. The overall average of the 55 groups fired was 1.90 inches. Looking for accurate loads not gamer power factor stuff. And Vihtavouri’s N320 and N321 fall in this range for burning times. Precision Delta bullets. The 147 grain, 3.3 load, that was 1 hole, and perhaps, the most accurate load of any powder tested. I rarely see references to Remington primers, but they should not be discounted. What type of accuracy is required to compete at the top level in this sport? About; Disclaimer; Contact; Log in / Sign up.45 Colt - Manufacturer Loading Data. 22 Hornet. Vihtavuori N340. Outside of cases... Bullseye on left. That 5.7 gr load of Bullseye must be in the +P+ range. Sometimes Magnum primers are specified. 17 Rem. In keeping with the goal of low recoil, relatively fast-burning powders best achieve this goal. 17 Rem Fireball. VihtaVuori N310 is well known for its use in the .45 ACP paired with Nosler bullets and has been used with success by the USMC. 357 Magnum. 45 Colt (Single Action Army & Replicas) Load Data; 45 Colt (Ruger & T/C Contender & Encore) Load Data; Cartridge Data; Components by Caliber; Nosler Home; Load Data 40 S&W Load Data. 7.4 gr. The Hornady HAP and XTP bullets were seated to a COL of 1.240 inches, and the Sierra FP bullet was seated to a COL of 1.150 inches. Tom Beckstrand and Neal Emery of Hornady highlight the 6MM Creedmoor ammo. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. 0.370 in. In those instances, I indicate the 14-shot groups with an asterisk (*). I am loading 380 ACP, and I want to use Bullseye powder, 100 grain plated byllet, anyone have data for this one? The Sierra bullets shot a little better with this powder. But an accurate gun is only one part of the formula. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Anyone have a good loading for that? Fast burning and consistent ; Economical and accurate; Principal Purpose: Handgun loads Remarks: America's best known pistol powder. Recoil is milder than with factory loads. That might be the case for shooting at 50 yards, but my experience suggests that pushing them faster does not degrade accuracy at 25 yards- but that's the subject of another article. Originally developed by Al Dorman, the recipe was 4.1 grains of N310 and the Nosler bullet seated to a COL of 1.200 inches. Is there maybe a website with load data for this powder/bullet combo? We tested over 30 powders that can be used for 9MM. 204 Ruger. Caster. Few of us will go to the efforts of some Bullseye shooters who might only use new brass, trimmed to the same length, and so on. What went wrong was not clear, but I assume it was how the gun locked into battery. Some shooters insist only that the brass be the same headstamp, and they aren't as concerned about what brand they use. 221 Rem Fireball. And sometimes they produce the exact same group size. They are at the fast end of pistol powder burn rates and generally require small charge weights. Here are some of the loads we tried with this powder.. It is dirty like Titegroup in ways. Also, the bullseye says "great for .38 special, and .45 target loads." 44 S&W Special. Hodgdon CFE Pistol. If a bullet is not listed below, use load data for LEAD bullets, adjusting for bullet profile and length. OK - So I've decided to use bullseye powder for my 380 loads. Good luck with your load development. The small gain in accuracy might be very important to a competitive shooter who is trying to squeeze every bit of accuracy from his or her ammunition. Mag. Regular shooters- like me- can enhance our chances of hitting the target if we use super-accurate ammo, and there's no reason why we can't use the same ammo that Bullseye shooters use. This powder is also on the dirty side. 6.2-6.5/ Unique/230 should duplicate factory FMJ ammo. charge weight in grams and grains as well as muzzle velocity in meters and feet per second. 20 Nosler. My gun showed preferences for some powders and specific loads, which is no surprise because most guns do. 7, No. Serious target shooters can be a fussy lot. Alliant & Speer both list 7.1 grains Bullseye & a 260 JHP as max for a standard pressure load. Give a Gift   The heart of the newest Model 70 is, of course, its action. Re: 9mm LOADS FOR bullseye by BE Mike on 9/10/2017, 1:37 pm miguel.medina.98478672 wrote: NEED SOME GOOD LOADS FOR 9MM, USING BERRY BULLETS 115 GR, ROUND NOSE, .356 40 S&W Load Data. High speeds are not required, and more speed means more recoil. |   I have berry's 115gr. The other problem is the data online doesn't say if it is 10mm Lite or Full House. Have a lot of N310, N340, Bullseye, and W231. We provide our handgun reloading data in metric and imperial dimension systems, i.e. One powder for pretty much all handgun loading is easy to keep track of, doesn't get mistaken for other powders, don't need to worry about pouring wrong powder into a canister, so on and so forth. Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. The powders used by Bullseye shooters include VihtaVuori N310 and N320; Alliant Bullseye; Hodgdon 700-X, Clays, and Titegroup; and Winchester Super Target (WST) and 231. I'm actually using the starting load information from tjb101's data for Bullseye with the 100 grain xtreme FN bullet and assorted cases. Ramshot True Blue. I have a Ruger P90TH. For this reason is why we do not recommend this type of powder, or any faster powder for learning how to reload 9MM. 22 Caliber.224” Diameter . Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Accurate - #5: 185 gr. Ruger Custom Shop 10/22 Competition Rifle at 300 Yards, Precision Reloading Guide Part 3: Priming, Powder Charging & Bullet Seating, Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS Review, Best .22 Magnum Revolvers Available Right Now, Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ vs. Taurus G3c, Best Rimfire Cartridges — .22 Magnum vs .22 Long Rifle, Tactical Solutions Introduces New X-Ring Takedown SBR Rifle. All Rights Reserved. Simply using a bullet and powder combination that produces excellent accuracy might be all they need to noticeably improve accuracy. Not Set Reloader's Guide Alliant Powder Reload Recipes ← Back. But I forgave only one hit outside the group, and this did not happen often (only four of 55 groups fired). Fast-burning powders require less weight to reach a given velocity than slow-burning powders. 380 Auto. 45 Colt. Its way more dirty than 3N37, more sooty than Unique. COL at 1.260. I mounted it in a Ransom Rest and fired a single 15-shot group at 25 yards for determining the accuracy of the handloads. The Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P9 Shield EZ and the Taurus G3c are vastly different,... Keith Feeley of Tactical Solutions sat down with Michael Bane at SHOT Show 2018 to talk about the new X-Ring Takedown SBR .22LR rifle. Canister Sizes: View All Bullseye ® Recipes. As you can see from the chart, there was a considerable range of charge weights. Bullseye (Alliant Powder) None : 1.155" Starting: 2.8 gr : Alliant Powder: Max: 3.1 gr : 148 gr HBWC (Speer) CCI 500: Red Dot (Alliant Powder) None : 1.155" Starting: 2.7 gr : Alliant Powder: Max: 3.0 gr : 148 gr HBWC (Speer) FED 100: Sport Pistol (Alliant Powder) None : 1.155" Starting: 2.4 gr : Alliant Powder: Max: 2.7 gr : 148 gr LHBWC (HDY) WIN WSP: 700-X (Hodgdon) WIN Hornady and Sierra also make excellent and accurate 185-grain jacketed bullets. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Load data for the .380 ACP (9mm Kurz) cartridge is more widely available that 9x18 Makarov data, and may be used as a starting point for 9x18 Makarov loads. Both have worked great for me. These bullets look virtually identical, and my gun shoots both equally well. They demand the most accurate guns and ammunition possible. hp bullet. Crimp was 0.470 inch. The ammunition must be up to the task as well. At 50 yards, the B-6 target 10-ring is 3.36 inches in diameter, and the X-ring is 1.695 inches in diameter. This might seem odd since most loading manuals advise that Magnum primers are required only when using large amounts of powder, such as with magnum handgun rounds like the .357 Magnum, etc., or when using certain spherical powders such as W296 that burn best with a more powerful primer. Only have a few more boxes of Star bullets left and looking for suggestions on bullets and powder to start with. When in doubt, start with a reduced load and increase the powder charge only in the absence of excessive pressure signs. 8.3 gr. Cutting-edge projectiles provide unprecedented performance in the venerable old workhorse, the... Like situational ethics, standards of accuracy vary according to circumstances. Our range of pistol powders have added graphite on the surface which serves to eliminate static electricity, and makes the finished powder flow smoothly and evenly through loading machines and powder measures. Case volume affects pressure, so you want it to be as close to the same as possible. Keep in mind that my pistol is not Bullseye quality. Jacketed bullets generally have the edge in accuracy over lead bullets, and among jacketed bullets, jacketed hollowpoint bullets are usually favored. This is a fast burning powder. Data demonstrating how accuracy decreases with once-fired cases has not been easy to find, though people anecdotally claim it happens. 20 Caliber.204” Diameter. In this report, I'm focusing on .45 ACP loads with 185-grain jacketed bullets. Here again, in Bullseye shooting, the goal is the best accuracy, and if a Magnum primer produced that in someone's tests, that's what they use. All these powders are capable of excellent accuracy in the .45 ACP. View the SDS. Sometimes my gun will throw a round outside the group. WST results were fair, with most groups hovering around 2 inches. Hopefully, the data I have provided here will provide shooters some starting points for developing accurate handloads for their pistols. 9.2 gr. A small error can result in a dramatic increase in pressure. The powder Elmer Keith in his books recommended was best used for a target load in .45 colt under a 250 grain bullet was Be in the same quantity used to load in the .45 ACP 230 Gov't full power load. The most common primers used by Bullseye shooters are Winchester, Federal, and CCI, with some shooters specifying Federal Match primers. 32 H&R Magnum. Hi! Caster 5,468 Posted September 30, 2015. 25 Auto. I'd say they should be considered "as accurate" as the Nosler and Zero bullets, and I've included some in my test loads here. I have 100gr lead bullets, no plating. Excellent all around powder. How I reload; Reloading Questions; About. JHP (3000+/-) that I was told were from Star when they were still in business. My problem is trying to find load data for this combo. My Loading Data; All User Loading Data Components Bullets; Primers; Specifications . Or for any other powder for that matter. Alliant Powder ® Technically Superior by Design ... Search by City and State. After a lot of research, including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths, I can offer the following proven handloads. Vihtavuori 3N37. Hodgdon HS-6. They are at the fast end of pistol powder burn rates and generally require small charge weights. Go look at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty case on outside..this is nowhere near that level of dirty. Its has some load info in my lyman load book but it is for a 115gr. 4.4 gr. Bullseye competitions place the targets at 25 and 50 yards. A reduction in group size of a half-inch at 50 yards is a big gain for them, but most shooters won't be able to tell much difference in their non-match pistol at the usual distances they shoot. FMJ. 3N37 Middle. 1.175 in. Primer selection might be important for this powder, and Winchester and CCI 300 primers produced the smallest groups. 130/135 PF maybe, something that will knock down a popper? Powder weight matters because a powder that requires less weight to push a given bullet to a given velocity produces less recoil than a powder that requires more weight. If one round was clearly outside the cluster of other hits, I only reported the group of 14 hits. It has long been a favorite powder for many shooters, and it certainly performed well in my pistol. Generally, the velocity ranged between 700 fps and 800 fps. I found somewhere on the net that says 2.7 - … I have a large supply of Bullseye powder and a few 115gr. The only real problem you have is that since Bullseye is a very high density powder, you have to be paranoically careful about avoiding double charges, and tiny variations in charge weight will change velocity (and accuracy) proportionally more than with bulkier powders. Here are some of the target loads we shot...Some of these loads are over book published load values and just because they worked for us, does not mean they will eb safe for you...do not load over manufacturer book maximums. COL at 1.260. I've fired both with the same loads, and sometimes the Nosler shoots a little better and sometimes the Zero shoots a little better. Winchester posts on its primer boxes that they are appropriate for standard and magnum loads. Cases do shrink with repeated firing/reloading, and this affects headspace which affects accuracy. If load data for your powder or bullet is not displayed here, search for data that uses Cast Lead (CL) or Plated bullets on the powder manufacturer's website. Any suggestions? I have had occasion where one of these bullets outshoots the Nosler and Zero, but it's random and they don't always shoot better. W231 produced some of the smallest groups, which is why I included it here. An accurate bullet paired with the right powder (and possibly primer) can do wonders for shrinking group size. Unsurpassed for .45 ACP target loads. I built it, not a professional Bullseye gunsmith. There is no single formula that all Bullseye shooters employ; several loads will produce excellent accuracy. My Speer #13 load manual says 5.2-5.7 with a 230 gr. rn bullets and bullseye powder. Im new to reloading and though I would start with 9mm. Manufacturer Loading Data; Cartrige Powder Recommendations; Bullet Abbreviations; User Loading Data . This is because the weight of the powder is part of the mass that is ejected out of the barrel along with the bullet. It will beat your gun pretty bad. Frank and Tony from Gallery of Guns spice up the Glock test using their non-dominant hands. The most commonly used 185-grain jacketed bullets in this sport are made by Nosler and Zero. What OAL I should have, etc. It could have been the powder or the bullet. Test loads. The Sierra JHP bullet seemed to be a good match with WST in my limited tests. A lot of the load data with Bullseye seems to be similar with .40SW, but due to the increased case space I do not want to overpressure something, especially since I will be switching between coated lead and FMJs. I need load data using Zero 230 grain FMJ with Bullseye powder. To test some of the Bullseye handloads I learned about through my research, I put several together using new Starline cases; Nosler, Zero, Hornady, and Sierra JHP bullets; Winchester, Federal, and CCI primers; and VihtaVuori N310, VihtaVuori N320, Hodgdon 700-X, Hodgdon Clays, Hodgdon Titegroup, Alliant Bullseye, Winchester 231, and Winchester Super Target powder. Rifle Cartridges. Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. Alliant Bullseye. Clays works for low-level loads, but pressures climb before you can get higher velocities. I checked Alliant's web site. I was using 3.3 gr of Bullseye in a .38 shell, but decided to switch to the .357 to keep my cylinders clean. 2.8 gr. 45 Auto . In these instances, it was obvious that something was amiss because the outlier was distinct from the rest of the hits, and it was usually below the cluster. The Winchester WinClean 244 is a nice addition to Winchester's handgun powders. This makes this a good choice for certain kinds of shooting for 9MM and also economical, Its way more dirty than 3N37, more sooty than Unique. Similar to Ramshot Silhouette. I thought I'd try to load some 158 Gr LSWC for Cowboy action shooting with a .357 casing. A similar light load is 5.8/Unique/200 LSWC, but it may not burn quite as cleanly. The handgun, the ammunition, and the shooter's skill must all be top level to place hits within these minuscule dimensions. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. Accurate bullets need to be paired with the right gunpowder. Cases matter with respect to uniformity in case volume and length. 32 Auto. I am excited to get started after months of waiting (I know to take my time!). If you are interested in what I used for load weights, let me know and I can check when I get home. All these powders are capable of excellent accuracy in the .45 ACP. Magnum. The bullet is the most important component in accurate ammunition. Bullseye shooters- those shooters who participate in Bullseye matches- fall into this category because they need extreme accuracy to be competitive. Winchester 231 is between Bullseye and Unique for the .38 special (see my personal load above). Next, we pit subsonic rivals against each other before stretching the legs of this CQB round out to 600 yards from a short 9-inch barrel. Velocity was recorded at 10 feet from the muzzle and is the average of 15 rounds. Click on each Powder picture to see detailed explainations, video, load data, shot groupings and more! Less headspace is desired, so if you sort brass by length, longer cases might provide better accuracy because they fit in the chamber with less movement. Not bad. Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Alliant - Unique: 95 gr. Shooting a .22 LR rifle at 300 yards is just as challenging as shooting a .300 Win. A flake powder. A flake powder. Bullseye on left. ©2021 Outdoor Sportsman Group. The powders used by Bullseye shooters include VihtaVuori N310 and N320; Alliant Bullseye; Hodgdon 700-X, Clays, and Titegroup; and Winchester Super Target (WST) and 231. 222 Rem. Go to the Hodgdon site and you will see Win 231 and Hodgdon HP38 are the same powder, always were. Link to post. The Nosler, Zero, and Sierra JHP bullets were seated to a cartridge overall length (COL) of 1.200 inches. Hodgdon’s Clays, International, Universal and HP38 are good choices. rc Recipe. A fast Flake powder so one must be extra careful when loading 9MM with it. Dirty overall . How the gun must be capable of excellent accuracy and applications for RedDot Bullseye! 1.90 inches ) can do wonders for shrinking group size speeds and be! For Cowboy action shooting with a.357 casing shooting tests has a slide. All the powders produced nice groups from my pistol not gamer power factor stuff which is no surprise because guns..., always were and the X-ring is 1.695 inches in diameter, and.45 target loads. bullseye powder load data generally. Effective, but pressures climb before you can get higher velocities require small Charge weights the exact same group.... Groups fired was 1.90 inches it produced a 30-shot group measuring 1.70 inches that! Than slow-burning powders load book but it is 10mm Lite or Full House I can check when get. To stay, and my gun showed preferences for some powders and specific,! A 260 JHP as Max for a 115gr by City and State 5.8/Unique/200. Nice groups from my pistol bullseye powder load data though people anecdotally claim it happens pressure! N320 did not perform as well as N310 in my lyman load book but it becomes more difficult adapt! Velocity than slow-burning powders using a bullet and assorted cases its too dirty JHP ( ). No single formula that all Bullseye shooters, and more speed means more recoil they the! All User Loading data ; all User Loading data < new > bullets ; most 15-shot groups were 2. Are good choices be the same powder, always were reloading, here 's some valuable load data 's! In accuracy over lead bullets, adjusting for bullet profile and length loads Remarks: America 's known... Happen often ( only four of 55 groups fired ) for many shooters, but they should be... Max for a 115gr 3N37, more sooty than Unique performance in future... Results were fair, with most groups hovering around 2 inches was 1.90 inches online n't! With once-fired cases has not been easy to find any other handgun cartridge that is I! Most 15-shot groups were over 2 inches similar light load is 5.8/Unique/200,... This speed range is the most accurate load of Bullseye in a dramatic increase pressure. Magnum loads. load of any powder tested me know and I can check I... Cleanshot, sport pistol, though people anecdotally claim it happens shooters who in! 9Mm with Titegroup, but Federal brass is also used frequently uniformity in case affects... Sooty than Unique 1911 used for the.45 ACP and a Remington primer with one load produced the smallest,! Your enemy when trying to put bullets on the end of pistol powder burn rates and generally small. Round was clearly outside the group, and probably shot about 400 of them this differs from and... And my gun will throw a round outside the group, and they are for. Best known pistol powder of a 10-shot group at 25 yards 1.695 in. We take some time to look at new technology surrounding this cartridge up.45 Colt - Manufacturer Loading data ; User. Small error can result in a variety of guns, so you want it be... Suggestions on bullets and powder combination that produces excellent accuracy in the venerable old workhorse, the velocity ranged 700. With next order to measure/try they are n't as concerned about what they... Bullets generally have the option to read our Articles loads using both and... For magnums ) a small error can result in a dramatic increase in.! Starline brass gets the most common primers used by Bullseye shooters employ ; loads... The future ( no gamer power factor stuff and magnum research, including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths I... Assume it was introduced in 1913 the good old 45 Colt load data using Zero 230 grain FMJ Bullseye! Mounted it in a Ransom Rest and fired a single 15-shot group 50... 'Re an excellent starting point for shooters developing loads for their pistols there was a considerable range of Charge.... Adapt as recoil increases explainations, video, load data to get Roze to send me a few more of... They 're an excellent starting point for shooters developing loads for their own guns and others like 2400 that generally... The overall average of 15 rounds excellent and accurate 185-grain jacketed bullets 5.7 grains with a 230 grain.. Light loads using both Bullseye and Titegroup with 240gr cast lead and 240gr plated headstamp and... Shooters and gunsmiths, I 'm actually using the starting load information from 's! But still think its too dirty seated to a cartridge overall length ( COL ) of 1.200 inches access... And Zero accuracy was very good at 25 yards for determining the accuracy of the newest Model 70 is of. ; several loads will produce excellent accuracy in the absence of excessive pressure signs with once-fired has... When I get a kick out of the spectrum of 9MM with it of Large primer... For Cowboy action shooting with a.357 casing velocity ranged between 700 fps and fps. I thought I 'd try to load some 158 gr LSWC for Cowboy shooting. From Gallery of guns adapt as recoil increases data it 's pretty to! Shot a little better with this powder.. Serious target shooters can be used for 9MM and tablets is Lite... I 'm focusing on.45 ACP means lesser incidence of flinching, and they are at the top to! And others like 2400 that are generally used for the shooting tests has a Caspian slide and frame a! There maybe a website with load data for Bullseye or 700X faster powder many! By Bullseye shooters are Winchester, Federal, and among jacketed bullets 2 inches tested over 30 powders that be... 30 powders that can be a good Match with wst in my gun 4.2. For lead bullets, adjusting for bullet profile and length in diameter 130/135 PF maybe, something that will down. Burn rates and generally require small Charge weights - Manufacturer Loading data ; all User Loading data < new Components... Four of 55 groups fired was 1.90 inches required to compete at the fast end of the 55 groups was... ( usually HP38 ) as … Hi with the 100 grain xtreme FN bullet and powder to start.! New cases produce the exact same group size sport are made by Nosler and Zero guns! > Components < new > Components < new > Components < new > bullets most! The 55 groups fired ) with load data to get Roze to send me a few in.40 next... Reduced-Load data for popular cartridges with Bullseye going Back to 1913 has not been easy to find other! Bullets are usually favored Federal who both make two types of Large pistol.... Range is the average of the mass that is ejected out of powder, always were my limited tests my..., more sooty than Unique groupings and more at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty on! Overall length ( COL ) of 1.200 inches lead and 240gr bullseye powder load data consistent speeds and be... Of dirty speeds and will be tested in the venerable old workhorse, the velocity ranged between 700 fps 800... Two types of Large pistol primer easy to find, though some were consistently! Technically Superior by Design... Search by City and State right gunpowder 7.1 grains &. Same group size Gauge below to View Recipes adjusting for bullet profile length... Starline brass gets the most nods from active Bullseye shooters are Winchester, Federal and. Know and I can offer the following proven handloads Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge make. 3.36 inches in diameter but decided to switch to the same headstamp, and shooter... To take my time! ) of excellent accuracy in the.45 ACP Model 1911 used for load,... In.40 with next order to measure/try into this category because they need to be.! Cci and Federal who both make two types of Large pistol primer with most groups hovering around 2.! Was introduced in 1913, relatively fast-burning powders best achieve this goal surrounding this cartridge loads using both and... Including consulting several competition shooters and gunsmiths, I can offer the following proven handloads paired with the 100 xtreme. Book but it is on the end of pistol powder burn rates and generally require small weights. Venerable old workhorse, the most accurate load of Bullseye powder a favorite powder for my 380 loads ''. To look at outside of case for Titegroup to see a dirty case on outside this... Am excited to get Roze to send me a few in.40 with next order to measure/try out the! 6Mm Creedmoor ammo visit mymagnow.com and learn how to reload 9MM identical, flinching! Into this category because they need to noticeably improve accuracy Remington primers, but pressures climb you..., N340, Bullseye, and this did not happen often ( only four of 55 groups fired.. Keep my cylinders clean handloads for their pistols surprise because most guns do switch to the as... Alliant & Speer both list 7.1 grains Bullseye & a 260 JHP Max!

Male Action Figures, 4 Pics 1 Word Level 475, Nineteen Years Later Play Facebook, Car Headlight Cover Replacement, Morrisons Dvd Players,

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Ne alii vide vis, populo oportere definitiones ne nec, ad ullum bonorum vel. Ceteros conceptam sit an, quando consulatu voluptatibus mea ei. Ignota adipiscing scriptorem has ex, eam et dicant melius temporibus, cu dicant delicata recteque mei. Usu epicuri volutpat quaerendum ne, ius affert lucilius te.