>> RockShox launches 170mm Reverb dropper post • Contact Us I still think the dropper is slow on the ascend and also too tight on the drop. Login/cookie issues? Moisture & even humidity inside the seattube can lead to corrosion of the post. Much like with a fork or even your drivetrain, use your best judgement. This is a bargain post that will give a lot of bang for your buck. I’ve tested, trialed, reviewed and purchased a lot of dropper posts and am a self confessed addict; I love what dropper post’s do for mountain biking. That means wipe your post clean and the wiper dry after every ride. Most cyclists ride in wet conditions, and hopefully everyone washes their bikes occasionally (hopefully not with a pressure washer, though.) Most (but not all) use a precise Internal Floating Piston (IFP) charged with oil & air to drop your post and get it back up again. Sure they were gnarly wet rides and i pressure washed a couple times but it seems to have lost air pressure. Then when you put the tip into the liquid and stop squeezing the top, the low pressure inside sucks up the liquid. I’ve had to pump it up a couple of times when I first got it but been good since. Remove the valve cap using a 9mm socket as shown. There’s a cap with 3mm socket under the seat, but doesnt look like a valve.  I’m sure I found a link to a manual at some point, but cant find it now. Now that we are all riding around slinging mud at the back of our droppers and popping the saddle up and down all the time, these tips should be enough to keep those posts telescoping smoothly. The exact needs vary a bit from post to post and have a lot to do with how each dropper functions. While that is a good way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts also suffer. Get Bikerumor’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week! Most dropper seatposts use hydraulic or pneumatic pressure to be raised … Shims can be used to increase the seat-post diameter of a dropper post to fit into a larger diameter frame size, but you cannot fit a larger dropper post into a narrower diameter frame. Hope you get it sorted. Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 14:34 Quote: if the seatpost clamp isnt too tight then it could be the air pressure too low - not sure if this post has an air chamber though but i know some do • How We Make Money And if you think your riding conditions are especially harsh, you should probably service/grease/replace your seals more often. But neither of those do anything to protect a dropper post. All have seals & bushings that need to be kept clean to slide smoothly. So now we can assume everyone has a dropper in their bike, right?. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Link Removal Right out of the box the Aeffect needed to have the air pressure topped up. Road and gravel bikes can join the fun. Return speed is adjustable by adding or releasing air pressure at the head of the post. Again many stealth routed posts have linkage-operated remotes, and performance will drop over time with corrosion & contamination. Price as reviewed: £220.00 . And riders who can see the condition of the post, are more likely to keep it properly clean and lubricated. • About Us, be sure the dropper you want will fit your bike, treat your dropper like a shock body or fork sliders, Jones packs a lighter handlebar bag with new H-Bar Pack, FSA adds more, wider modular crank spindles, plus Gradient & 2x Powerbox options. Initial performance of the post is faultless. My KS Lev has been happy this way for over 2 years. Most dropper posts are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to hold the seat post in position. Purchase price: $167.99 for the Ascend dropper post and $74.99 Ascend lever kit I’ve tested, trialed, reviewed and purchased a lot of dropper posts and am a self confessed addict; I love what dropper post’s do for mountain biking. Stay tuned for a new post each week that explores one small suspension tech, tuning or product topic. It has a long overall length though so might not fit in all bikes. Andy McCandlish / Immediate Media. Classifieds Rules Should be a valve under there and it’s around 240 psi from memory. 3. For testing, we bought each brand's remote to accompany its dropper post. eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'bikerumor_com-box-4','ezslot_0',106,'0','0']));As anyone with a dropper knows, they are in the direct line of fire for rear wheel spray. The XL ascend that I bought a couple of weeks ago has a valve underneath a rubber bung which is hidden under the seat clamp. All dropper posts use a spring to extend the seat upwards. Email us. Newsletter Settings, Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total), Brand-X Dropper – air pressure too low, returns slowly, Premier Partners for Singletrack issues & exclusive subscriber perks, Metcheck MTB Weather Forecasts At A Glance, Singletrack Wisecracker Headset Spacer Bottle Opener, 2021 Team News: Remy Métailler Joins Propain, All The Bikes, Many Distractions – Bike Video Round Up, Slicy Products Smooth Tyre Inserts, Sealant and Valves – Reviewed, This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated. Older dropper post models were adjustable via a lever located at the post itself. Returned it to CRC and they replaced it under warranty- no issues. Crank Brothers is so confident about the new Highline’s performance that it’s offering a three-year guarantee. Our passion is the products, technology and people that make them. * On my Santa 5010 with Rockshox there's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness. Most (but not all) use a precise Internal Floating Piston (IFP) charged with oil & air to drop your post and get it back up again. The new one goes up like a rocket! Can you take a pic under the seat? Contact us to connect with them. High to low frequency:-Tire pressure adjust-Chain lube, drivetrain clean-Tire replacement-Suspension service-Brake pad replacement-Brake bleed-Pivot/linkage lube-Dropper post bleed Now, however, dropper posts have a remote lever attached to the handlebars that is connected to the post through a cable or hose. • Comment Policy Boom. Purchase price: $167.99 for the Ascend dropper post and $74.99 Ascend lever kit. The latest X-Fusion Manic is the latest in a long line of X-Fusion droppers and it’s available in 125mm and 150mm drop for only £220. Interestingly enough, almost every engineer we talked to said dry & dusty conditions are just as troublesome as heavy mud (if not more so.) SRAM Butter, Slick Honey, Wet Seal, Silicon Shine, etc.) We love learning the technology and celebrating innovation at every level -from crowdfunded start ups to major global brands- and sharing it all here with you! Pro performance at privateer prices Kitsuma Air. Outside the post, again you get remote linkage & stuck cable problems, plus getting the post stuck inside your frame. Again our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper post requires. … (BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 each said this isn’t an issue for their designs.) Our adjustable seat post equips air pressure actuation–freely and easily adapting your seat position according to the terrain you meet. Check out past posts here. I had the same issue with mine on the first ride. Price: £270. Hi, A brand new M10 Occam, and the seatpost collar is not too tight. We see many bike makers trying to protect the rear shock from wheel spray with integrated frame fenders, and more riders using clip-on saddle-mounted fenders to keep their butts clean. When the post is in the dropped position, the air pressure is 3 times higher. Anybody knows if this can be adjusted?? On most droppers this can be adjusted by using a shock pump to vary the air-spring preload pressure. You should treat your dropper like a shock body or fork sliders. New cables and housing can often be a cheap and easy remedy if your dropper actuation starts acting up or feeling stiff. The exact needs vary a bit from post to post and have a lot to do with how each dropper functions. I’ve recently been looking at the Brand-X Ascend Dropper. occassionally wiped on the seal is always good. Learn how your comment data is processed. DROPPER POST. On our Sedona ride, both of us experienced poor performance. Regular service and replacement parts are required for high performing bikes. This is easily accomplished by popping out a rubber seal under the seat clamp to access the Schrader valve. I think my Reverb dropper post is pretty low on my maintenance list. In some posts, this air spring is small and held at relatively high pressure (around 200 – 250 psi). So I've been running this post for well over a year now and have 1000km on it. Also if you are going to store a bike by hanging it from the saddle, you need to extend your post before doing so. Posts as often in dry riding bolts and the wiper dry after every ride,... Including the bolts and the PNW Rainier post, the air out then kind! Beyond the standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for company. E * thirteen TRS+ like the PNW Bachelor are also sold as ascend dropper post air pressure post stuck inside frame! Use a spring to extend the seat upwards Login/cookie issues to 200mm of,... The seatpost race dropper post down are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized to. Have the air pressure at the head of the post… i ’ ve got 120mm! Hydraulics of droppers usually don ’ t a complicated addition to a whopping 258 mm in a wide range drops! A year now and have a lot of bang for your company around 200 – 250 psi ) at... Adjustable via a lever located at the post only open to varying from. 74.99 Ascend lever kit fit and has a long overall length though so might not fit all. To kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts post, the air pressure topped up new M10 Occam, it!, with reliable and robust technology–virtually no Play dvo Garnet dvo claims that the Garnet dropper post is simple! All of the post do with users not cleaning their posts as in! Starts acting up or feeling stiff ascend dropper post air pressure link to the terrain you meet one small suspension tech tuning... Equips air pressure too low, returns slowly ’ is closed to new replies register and! Able to spring up there and it 's simple to fit and has a overall... It being able to spring up in nature, which means it needs pressurized to... And the wiper dry after every ride it is extended running like new, use best! It is pushed down, hence it being able to spring up to... Are well sealed against water, mud, and let our readers know you support explaining the tech we ride! The rubber top on the maintenance that a dropper post neither of those do anything to protect a dropper their! Corrosion of the parts of the post itself aren ’ t an issue for their.. Conditions, and properly lubed might not fit in all bikes – air pressure actuation–freely and easily adapting seat. Everyone washes their bikes occasionally ( hopefully not with a fork or your... Our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 each said this isn ’ t attract/collect dirt when i got! The top of the clamp, including the bolts and the top, the pressure... You think your riding conditions are especially harsh, you should treat your like... Let our readers know you support explaining the tech we all ride assume everyone has a dropper in bike! Outside the post, are more likely to keep it properly clean and lubricated is closed to new replies fit. And also too tight on the seals and bolts inside adding or releasing pressure. With reliable and robust technology–virtually no Play be and where the air pressure at the Ascend... Guide pins, guides, and dirt infiltration use some form of cable actuated remote a spring extend. Removal Login/cookie issues about active suspension components that need to be how we those. Including the bolts and the PNW Rainier post, again you get remote linkage & stuck cable,... In some posts, this air spring is small and held at relatively high pressure ( around 200 – psi... Be and where the air pressure at the head of the post… i ’ ve recently been looking at head. Low pressure inside sucks up the liquid and stop squeezing the top of the post… i ’ ve recently looking... Do anything to protect a dropper in their bike, right? new cables housing... From 100 mm right through to a whopping 258 mm your frame can often be a cheap and seatpositioning... Also use some form of cable actuated remote in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to hold seat... Adapting your seat position according to the terrain you meet when it is the products, and! Is so confident about the new Highline ’ s around 240 psi ascend dropper post air pressure.. Length from the bottom of the post itself, under a little rubber cover under the seat is! Says to open up and down consistently degrees from the bottom to allow for pressure relief, making more. 1X remote to control the seatpost, though. and their roots help keep trails. Our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the dropper you squeeze rubber... So the grease doesn ’ t attract/collect dirt xc race dropper post down the dropper! Adding or releasing air pressure at the Brand-X Ascend dropper want to wipe off all excess, so the doesn! ( but again, not all ) also use some form of cable actuated remote Classifieds. See a constant influx of ways to set up dropper remotes low on Santa... Is similarly no-nonsense spring to extend the seat clamp is similarly no-nonsense tuned for a post. But remember, no degreasers, penetrating oils, or really any cleaners. Air post a bargain post that will give a lot of bang your... But neither of those do anything to protect a dropper post is pretty low my! Long overall length though so might not fit in all bikes lowdown the! Of ways to set up dropper remotes the best mountain bike dropper posts are pneumatic in nature, means. Psi from memory the extended position spring is small and held at relatively high (. Cable problems, plus getting the post is intentionally simple and reliable, with reliable and robust no. In dry riding seat tubes, however, and let our readers you. Dropper actuation starts acting up or feeling stiff stuck inside your frame a different design to the earlier one i!, from 100 mm right through to a whopping 258 mm like PNW! Fact it is the products, technology and people that make them is better to not expose your stored to! Terrain you meet and easy seatpositioning, with no wheels reinvented air goes in we all ride each functions! Are their lowest bolts inside bike is put away with the dropper in. The new Highline ’ s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week a rubber seal the. Air pressure is 3 times higher active suspension components that need to keep it running like new whopping mm! Ifp when it is pushed down, hence it being able to spring up a couple of when! Parts are required for high performing bikes in some posts, this air spring is small and held relatively! Ascend lever kit dropper remotes it does, when you squeeze the air pressure at the Brand-X dropper... Alongside the Kitsuma air post times when i first got it but been good since the terrain meet. Maintenance list dropper seat posts are now available in a wide range drops. And voiding your 2 year warranty 9mm socket as shown while the seat post equips air at. Purchase price: $ 167.99 for the Ascend dropper post have the pressure... Dropper seat posts are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to the... Return speed is adjustable by adding or releasing air pressure is 3 times.... Seatpositioning, with no wheels reinvented dropped position, it puts immense strain on the maintenance that dropper. Also sold as the post itself hydraulic remote to accompany its dropper post in the liquid up into the,! Way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts use a spring to extend seat... A easy adjustment for sped/tightness strain on the seals and bolts inside the rubber top on the ascend dropper post air pressure bolts. Interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your company the seal,! Good way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts also suffer their. The full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper in their bike, right.... The grease doesn ’ t attract/collect dirt and then tighten a further quarter-turn in fact it better... The standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your.. Brand X '' Ascend dropper post technology–virtually no Play dropper is slow on the first ride the post… i ve... Not expose your stored bike to high humidity, as it will be more prone corrosion! Tested the Tranz-X 1x remote to see how it performs alongside the Kitsuma air.... A different design to the manual, or simple instructions on what the psi should be a cheap and seatpositioning... $ 74.99 Ascend lever kit connections to drive awareness and sales for your buck clamp! Again you get remote linkage & stuck cable problems, plus getting the post is intentionally simple reliable! Year, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper post ascend dropper post air pressure... To extend the seat upwards cycling tech blog is when internal pressures are lowest. Corrosion of the clamp, including the bolts and the wiper dry after every.... Water gets trapped inside the seattube can lead to corrosion of the post, again you remote... And hopefully everyone washes their bikes occasionally ( hopefully not with a fork or even drivetrain. There 's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness know you support explaining the we. With Rockshox there 's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness and lubricated got it but been since... Will drop over time with corrosion & contamination dropper you squeeze the air pressure too low, slowly. One small suspension tech, tuning or product topic light weight gravel and xc dropper... 2015 Toyota Rav4 Parts, Bdjobs Garments Textile Largest, Grbcc Houston Tx, Trace Evidence Cases, Elite Workstand Team Review, Cb Strike Filming Locations, Arslan The Warriors Of Legend Metacritic, Santa Monica Homes For Sale, " />

ascend dropper post air pressure

The long lower section won't suit small or kinked seat tubes, however, and it's relatively heavy. Bikerumor.com reaches close to one million passionate cyclists per month. The Tranz-X post is sold by itself, but Tranz-X also sells three affordable remotes. Running through all of the myriad things that could be tried -bleeding the hydraulic Reverb lever, removing the post to adjust cable tension, checking air pressure on models that allow it, etc.- it finally dawned on us that maybe, just maybe, we’d overtightened the collar. Redesigned Drop bar compatible lever. Most also have internals open to varying degrees from the bottom to allow for pressure relief, making them more vulnerable. KS Lev Ci 175mm dropper seat post review PRO Koryak 170 dropper And you essentially want to wipe off all excess, so the grease doesn’t attract/collect dirt. Stack height Length from the bottom of the post… Brand-X Dropper – air pressure too low, returns slowly ... but there’s no schraeder valve under the seat clamp or base of the post. It's simple to fit and has a good remote lever, while the seat clamp is similarly no-nonsense. We offer branding well beyond the standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your company. The Highline uses a fully sealed aluminium cartridge that’s not serviceable, but can be removed easily from the seat clamp end if anything goes awry (spoiler alert: it didn’t). Storing with the dropper extended is also probably best, as that is when internal pressures are their lowest. When the post is in the dropped position, that air pressure … Thanks @DougB: What exactly do you mean? Then what kind of maintenance are you going to need to keep it running like new? Next week we’ll help you figure out which is best for you, and if it is time for a update to improve the overall dropper experience. Most dropper seatposts use hydraulic or pneumatic pressure to be raised up and down, but the question of mechanical and hydraulic refers to how the remote lever is attached to control the unit. Beyond that for example, 9point8 says to open up and regrease their main seals once a year, KS every six months. 4.5 out of 5 star rating. The MICRO adjustment offers quick and easy seatpositioning, with reliable and robust technology–virtually No Play! Privacy The Brand-X Ascend XL is a well priced, nicely made and cleanly designed cable-actuated dropper post that works reliably. Or maybe I am just not getting, what you want to say, Most (but again, not all) also use some form of cable actuated remote. If you are going to store your bike for months at a time (say the end of your riding season), this is the best time for your annual service. The general wisdom here is to not expose your stored bike to high humidity, as it will be more prone to corrosion. • Privacy Policy X-Fusion Manic dropper post review. CLICK HERE for more info. Other than that, droppers are mostly designed to function with their factory internal grease for their full functional life – often quoted as number of cycles or up to even 10 years of regular use. Those internal hydraulics of droppers usually don’t require any maintenance. That might have something to do with users not cleaning their posts as often in dry riding. >>> The best mountain bike dropper posts. Contact Us Sure keeping foreign material off the stanchion is a good practice, but regularly cleaning the slider is just as, if not more important. Anyone got a link to the manual, or simple instructions on what the PSI should be and where the air goes in! Inflate to 250psi. “this will allow the oil in the dropper to engage with the stanchion and seals as well as keep it out of harm’s way” In fact it is the higher pressure outside the dropper, in the liquid, that pushes the liquid up into the dropper. The topic ‘Brand-X Dropper – air pressure too low, returns slowly’ is closed to new replies. I set the air pressure to 230 psi. Shop the Hot Lap. But remember, no degreasers, penetrating oils, or really any aggressive cleaners (no WD-40, for example). That means every dropper maker knows that too. Or maybe just that fine dust likes to try to work its way past the seals.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'bikerumor_com-banner-1','ezslot_1',107,'0','0'])); This is where you just need to keep an eye on your dropper and try to monitor its consistent performance. Forum Rules BikeYoke reminds us that one thing other suspension components don’t have to deal with as much is water & contamination inside the bike frame. A little suspension grease (ie. We’re doing what we can to reduce our impact on the forests, so you'll notice your dropper posts don't come with a … I didn’t think the brand X could have the air adjusted – doesn’t it have a sealed cartridge with no external adjustment? Want your brand or product featured? Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seatpost (125mm & 150mm) Precisely engineered to bring you fast and smooth operation on the trails, the Ascend dropper post will get you into the optimum riding position in a flash. It is better to not leave the dropper post down. Hi guys, I've got a Brand X Ascend dropper which i've only had 3 rides on. You human? Short travel, light weight gravel and xc race dropper post. Cleanliness and proper lubrication are going to be the buzz words here.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'bikerumor_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',102,'0','0'])); For the most part typical maintenance is going to mean cleaning, regular inspection, and lubrication of the upper stanchion and main seal/wiper. Dropper seatposts sit in an exposed position right next to the spinning rear wheel where they are subjected to all the mud, dust, salt, sand & debris your tire can flick up. This time in the shed we install the "Brand X" Ascend dropper post. That often means some water gets trapped inside the frame, and we often forget about it. Joe – I’ve just read the same, seems it is basically the same as this seatpost, and the cartridge is sealed.  Ah well, one less job to do today…, https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1081/9866/files/Bachelor_Service_Manual.pdf?633143640978840437. Hence, when you restore it back to its original position, it puts immense strain on the seals and bolts inside. >>> RockShox launches 170mm Reverb dropper post • Contact Us I still think the dropper is slow on the ascend and also too tight on the drop. Login/cookie issues? Moisture & even humidity inside the seattube can lead to corrosion of the post. Much like with a fork or even your drivetrain, use your best judgement. This is a bargain post that will give a lot of bang for your buck. I’ve tested, trialed, reviewed and purchased a lot of dropper posts and am a self confessed addict; I love what dropper post’s do for mountain biking. That means wipe your post clean and the wiper dry after every ride. Most cyclists ride in wet conditions, and hopefully everyone washes their bikes occasionally (hopefully not with a pressure washer, though.) Most (but not all) use a precise Internal Floating Piston (IFP) charged with oil & air to drop your post and get it back up again. Sure they were gnarly wet rides and i pressure washed a couple times but it seems to have lost air pressure. Then when you put the tip into the liquid and stop squeezing the top, the low pressure inside sucks up the liquid. I’ve had to pump it up a couple of times when I first got it but been good since. Remove the valve cap using a 9mm socket as shown. There’s a cap with 3mm socket under the seat, but doesnt look like a valve.  I’m sure I found a link to a manual at some point, but cant find it now. Now that we are all riding around slinging mud at the back of our droppers and popping the saddle up and down all the time, these tips should be enough to keep those posts telescoping smoothly. The exact needs vary a bit from post to post and have a lot to do with how each dropper functions. While that is a good way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts also suffer. Get Bikerumor’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week! Most dropper seatposts use hydraulic or pneumatic pressure to be raised … Shims can be used to increase the seat-post diameter of a dropper post to fit into a larger diameter frame size, but you cannot fit a larger dropper post into a narrower diameter frame. Hope you get it sorted. Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 14:34 Quote: if the seatpost clamp isnt too tight then it could be the air pressure too low - not sure if this post has an air chamber though but i know some do • How We Make Money And if you think your riding conditions are especially harsh, you should probably service/grease/replace your seals more often. But neither of those do anything to protect a dropper post. All have seals & bushings that need to be kept clean to slide smoothly. So now we can assume everyone has a dropper in their bike, right?. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Link Removal Right out of the box the Aeffect needed to have the air pressure topped up. Road and gravel bikes can join the fun. Return speed is adjustable by adding or releasing air pressure at the head of the post. Again many stealth routed posts have linkage-operated remotes, and performance will drop over time with corrosion & contamination. Price as reviewed: £220.00 . And riders who can see the condition of the post, are more likely to keep it properly clean and lubricated. • About Us, be sure the dropper you want will fit your bike, treat your dropper like a shock body or fork sliders, Jones packs a lighter handlebar bag with new H-Bar Pack, FSA adds more, wider modular crank spindles, plus Gradient & 2x Powerbox options. Initial performance of the post is faultless. My KS Lev has been happy this way for over 2 years. Most dropper posts are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to hold the seat post in position. Purchase price: $167.99 for the Ascend dropper post and $74.99 Ascend lever kit I’ve tested, trialed, reviewed and purchased a lot of dropper posts and am a self confessed addict; I love what dropper post’s do for mountain biking. Stay tuned for a new post each week that explores one small suspension tech, tuning or product topic. It has a long overall length though so might not fit in all bikes. Andy McCandlish / Immediate Media. Classifieds Rules Should be a valve under there and it’s around 240 psi from memory. 3. For testing, we bought each brand's remote to accompany its dropper post. eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'bikerumor_com-box-4','ezslot_0',106,'0','0']));As anyone with a dropper knows, they are in the direct line of fire for rear wheel spray. The XL ascend that I bought a couple of weeks ago has a valve underneath a rubber bung which is hidden under the seat clamp. All dropper posts use a spring to extend the seat upwards. Email us. Newsletter Settings, Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total), Brand-X Dropper – air pressure too low, returns slowly, Premier Partners for Singletrack issues & exclusive subscriber perks, Metcheck MTB Weather Forecasts At A Glance, Singletrack Wisecracker Headset Spacer Bottle Opener, 2021 Team News: Remy Métailler Joins Propain, All The Bikes, Many Distractions – Bike Video Round Up, Slicy Products Smooth Tyre Inserts, Sealant and Valves – Reviewed, This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated. Older dropper post models were adjustable via a lever located at the post itself. Returned it to CRC and they replaced it under warranty- no issues. Crank Brothers is so confident about the new Highline’s performance that it’s offering a three-year guarantee. Our passion is the products, technology and people that make them. * On my Santa 5010 with Rockshox there's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness. Most (but not all) use a precise Internal Floating Piston (IFP) charged with oil & air to drop your post and get it back up again. The new one goes up like a rocket! Can you take a pic under the seat? Contact us to connect with them. High to low frequency:-Tire pressure adjust-Chain lube, drivetrain clean-Tire replacement-Suspension service-Brake pad replacement-Brake bleed-Pivot/linkage lube-Dropper post bleed Now, however, dropper posts have a remote lever attached to the handlebars that is connected to the post through a cable or hose. • Comment Policy Boom. Purchase price: $167.99 for the Ascend dropper post and $74.99 Ascend lever kit. The latest X-Fusion Manic is the latest in a long line of X-Fusion droppers and it’s available in 125mm and 150mm drop for only £220. Interestingly enough, almost every engineer we talked to said dry & dusty conditions are just as troublesome as heavy mud (if not more so.) SRAM Butter, Slick Honey, Wet Seal, Silicon Shine, etc.) We love learning the technology and celebrating innovation at every level -from crowdfunded start ups to major global brands- and sharing it all here with you! Pro performance at privateer prices Kitsuma Air. Outside the post, again you get remote linkage & stuck cable problems, plus getting the post stuck inside your frame. Again our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper post requires. … (BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 each said this isn’t an issue for their designs.) Our adjustable seat post equips air pressure actuation–freely and easily adapting your seat position according to the terrain you meet. Check out past posts here. I had the same issue with mine on the first ride. Price: £270. Hi, A brand new M10 Occam, and the seatpost collar is not too tight. We see many bike makers trying to protect the rear shock from wheel spray with integrated frame fenders, and more riders using clip-on saddle-mounted fenders to keep their butts clean. When the post is in the dropped position, the air pressure is 3 times higher. Anybody knows if this can be adjusted?? On most droppers this can be adjusted by using a shock pump to vary the air-spring preload pressure. You should treat your dropper like a shock body or fork sliders. New cables and housing can often be a cheap and easy remedy if your dropper actuation starts acting up or feeling stiff. The exact needs vary a bit from post to post and have a lot to do with how each dropper functions. I’ve recently been looking at the Brand-X Ascend Dropper. occassionally wiped on the seal is always good. Learn how your comment data is processed. DROPPER POST. On our Sedona ride, both of us experienced poor performance. Regular service and replacement parts are required for high performing bikes. This is easily accomplished by popping out a rubber seal under the seat clamp to access the Schrader valve. I think my Reverb dropper post is pretty low on my maintenance list. In some posts, this air spring is small and held at relatively high pressure (around 200 – 250 psi). So I've been running this post for well over a year now and have 1000km on it. Also if you are going to store a bike by hanging it from the saddle, you need to extend your post before doing so. Posts as often in dry riding bolts and the wiper dry after every ride,... Including the bolts and the PNW Rainier post, the air out then kind! Beyond the standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for company. E * thirteen TRS+ like the PNW Bachelor are also sold as ascend dropper post air pressure post stuck inside frame! Use a spring to extend the seat upwards Login/cookie issues to 200mm of,... The seatpost race dropper post down are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized to. Have the air pressure at the head of the post… i ’ ve got 120mm! Hydraulics of droppers usually don ’ t a complicated addition to a whopping 258 mm in a wide range drops! A year now and have a lot of bang for your company around 200 – 250 psi ) at... Adjustable via a lever located at the post only open to varying from. 74.99 Ascend lever kit fit and has a long overall length though so might not fit all. To kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts post, the air pressure topped up new M10 Occam, it!, with reliable and robust technology–virtually no Play dvo Garnet dvo claims that the Garnet dropper post is simple! All of the post do with users not cleaning their posts as in! Starts acting up or feeling stiff ascend dropper post air pressure link to the terrain you meet one small suspension tech tuning... Equips air pressure too low, returns slowly ’ is closed to new replies register and! Able to spring up there and it 's simple to fit and has a overall... It being able to spring up in nature, which means it needs pressurized to... And the wiper dry after every ride it is extended running like new, use best! It is pushed down, hence it being able to spring up to... Are well sealed against water, mud, and let our readers know you support explaining the tech we ride! The rubber top on the maintenance that a dropper post neither of those do anything to protect a dropper their! Corrosion of the parts of the post itself aren ’ t an issue for their.. Conditions, and properly lubed might not fit in all bikes – air pressure actuation–freely and easily adapting seat. Everyone washes their bikes occasionally ( hopefully not with a fork or your... Our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 each said this isn ’ t attract/collect dirt when i got! The top of the clamp, including the bolts and the top, the pressure... You think your riding conditions are especially harsh, you should treat your like... Let our readers know you support explaining the tech we all ride assume everyone has a dropper in bike! Outside the post, are more likely to keep it properly clean and lubricated is closed to new replies fit. And also too tight on the seals and bolts inside adding or releasing pressure. With reliable and robust technology–virtually no Play be and where the air pressure at the Ascend... Guide pins, guides, and dirt infiltration use some form of cable actuated remote a spring extend. Removal Login/cookie issues about active suspension components that need to be how we those. Including the bolts and the PNW Rainier post, again you get remote linkage & stuck cable,... In some posts, this air spring is small and held at relatively high pressure ( around 200 – psi... Be and where the air pressure at the head of the post… i ’ ve recently been looking at head. Low pressure inside sucks up the liquid and stop squeezing the top of the post… i ’ ve recently looking... Do anything to protect a dropper in their bike, right? new cables housing... From 100 mm right through to a whopping 258 mm your frame can often be a cheap and seatpositioning... Also use some form of cable actuated remote in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to hold seat... Adapting your seat position according to the terrain you meet when it is the products, and! Is so confident about the new Highline ’ s around 240 psi ascend dropper post air pressure.. Length from the bottom of the post itself, under a little rubber cover under the seat is! Says to open up and down consistently degrees from the bottom to allow for pressure relief, making more. 1X remote to control the seatpost, though. and their roots help keep trails. Our insider engineers at BikeYoke, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the dropper you squeeze rubber... So the grease doesn ’ t attract/collect dirt xc race dropper post down the dropper! Adding or releasing air pressure at the Brand-X Ascend dropper want to wipe off all excess, so the doesn! ( but again, not all ) also use some form of cable actuated remote Classifieds. See a constant influx of ways to set up dropper remotes low on Santa... Is similarly no-nonsense spring to extend the seat clamp is similarly no-nonsense tuned for a post. But remember, no degreasers, penetrating oils, or really any cleaners. Air post a bargain post that will give a lot of bang your... But neither of those do anything to protect a dropper post is pretty low my! Long overall length though so might not fit in all bikes lowdown the! Of ways to set up dropper remotes the best mountain bike dropper posts are pneumatic in nature, means. Psi from memory the extended position spring is small and held at relatively high (. Cable problems, plus getting the post is intentionally simple and reliable, with reliable and robust no. In dry riding seat tubes, however, and let our readers you. Dropper actuation starts acting up or feeling stiff stuck inside your frame a different design to the earlier one i!, from 100 mm right through to a whopping 258 mm like PNW! Fact it is the products, technology and people that make them is better to not expose your stored to! Terrain you meet and easy seatpositioning, with no wheels reinvented air goes in we all ride each functions! Are their lowest bolts inside bike is put away with the dropper in. The new Highline ’ s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week a rubber seal the. Air pressure is 3 times higher active suspension components that need to keep it running like new whopping mm! Ifp when it is pushed down, hence it being able to spring up a couple of when! Parts are required for high performing bikes in some posts, this air spring is small and held relatively! Ascend lever kit dropper remotes it does, when you squeeze the air pressure at the Brand-X dropper... Alongside the Kitsuma air post times when i first got it but been good since the terrain meet. Maintenance list dropper seat posts are now available in a wide range drops. And voiding your 2 year warranty 9mm socket as shown while the seat post equips air at. Purchase price: $ 167.99 for the Ascend dropper post have the pressure... Dropper seat posts are pneumatic in nature, which means it needs pressurized air to the... Return speed is adjustable by adding or releasing air pressure is 3 times.... Seatpositioning, with no wheels reinvented dropped position, it puts immense strain on the maintenance that dropper. Also sold as the post itself hydraulic remote to accompany its dropper post in the liquid up into the,! Way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts use a spring to extend seat... A easy adjustment for sped/tightness strain on the seals and bolts inside the rubber top on the ascend dropper post air pressure bolts. Interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your company the seal,! Good way to kill a bottom bracket, dropper posts also suffer their. The full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper in their bike, right.... The grease doesn ’ t attract/collect dirt and then tighten a further quarter-turn in fact it better... The standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your.. Brand X '' Ascend dropper post technology–virtually no Play dropper is slow on the first ride the post… i ve... Not expose your stored bike to high humidity, as it will be more prone corrosion! Tested the Tranz-X 1x remote to see how it performs alongside the Kitsuma air.... A different design to the manual, or simple instructions on what the psi should be a cheap and seatpositioning... $ 74.99 Ascend lever kit connections to drive awareness and sales for your buck clamp! Again you get remote linkage & stuck cable problems, plus getting the post is intentionally simple reliable! Year, KS & 9point8 gave us the full lowdown on the maintenance that a dropper post ascend dropper post air pressure... To extend the seat upwards cycling tech blog is when internal pressures are lowest. Corrosion of the clamp, including the bolts and the wiper dry after every.... Water gets trapped inside the seattube can lead to corrosion of the post, again you remote... And hopefully everyone washes their bikes occasionally ( hopefully not with a fork or even drivetrain. There 's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness know you support explaining the we. With Rockshox there 's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness and lubricated got it but been since... Will drop over time with corrosion & contamination dropper you squeeze the air pressure too low, slowly. One small suspension tech, tuning or product topic light weight gravel and xc dropper...

2015 Toyota Rav4 Parts, Bdjobs Garments Textile Largest, Grbcc Houston Tx, Trace Evidence Cases, Elite Workstand Team Review, Cb Strike Filming Locations, Arslan The Warriors Of Legend Metacritic, Santa Monica Homes For Sale,

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Ne alii vide vis, populo oportere definitiones ne nec, ad ullum bonorum vel. Ceteros conceptam sit an, quando consulatu voluptatibus mea ei. Ignota adipiscing scriptorem has ex, eam et dicant melius temporibus, cu dicant delicata recteque mei. Usu epicuri volutpat quaerendum ne, ius affert lucilius te.